Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence spitty, but it slipped your mind to name a motm?! Pickford, Keane Godfrey, Richy - take your pick mate.

Koff you biased, spiteful shithouse.

It was an excellent analysis by the spitter and lauding Carlo for his tactics. Really very well explained even though I detest him.

If some people did then they are idiots, I would have done the same as Coleman. Absolutely no intent to injure from either Son or Pickford, no issue with players talking to other players after or during the game. Richarlison having a laugh with Ederson & Jesus, after getting beat, again absolutely no issues from this adult.

In fact that is why Coleman is seen as a great guy, he saw a fellow human in distress and looked to calm him down.
You should watch the Son incident again. He defo intended to foul Gomes. He was fuming because he hadn't been given a foul a few seconds earlier and went chasing back to ghet revenge. Not saying he wanted to seriously injure the lad but it was from behind with no chance of getting the ball.
Coleman should have been in the ref's ear asking why it wasn't a red card.

Pickford came out to try to stop a player getting a shot away and caught Van Dyke clumsily. A foul but a run of the mill foul that fortuitously ended in a serious injury for the lad.

I actually quite like Carragher, but his bias got the better of him on the penalty and in my opinion has shown why he shouldn't be commentating on Merseyside derbies if Sky are arsed about impartiality at all.

I have no doubt when he says he still doesn't think that was a penalty that he's being genuine and thinks he's being as impartial as possible. Though I suspect they didn't analyse it on MNF because they know right well he's wrong.

No sane and unbiased person who knows the rules of the game and has spent any time at all thinking about what has happened there could possibly think that that wasn't a penalty.

It's blindingly obvious and actually infuriating as I don't doubt he actually reckons he's right and isn't on a wind-up, but if you break down what that not being a penalty would actually mean, it's completely insane. That's why he isn't cut out for co-commentary on Liverpool games. Or big ones at least. I've no doubt he forgot to give a motm out because he was fuming as well.

Cracking pundit though. They should keep him in the studio doing analysis like the Coleman/Robertson stuff as that's actually interesting and I didn't notice it during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.