Lescott signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true my friend! Great news.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/new-lescott-deal.html

Joleon Lescott has become the latest of Everton's young guns to pledge his long term future to the club.

evertonfc.com can exclusively reveal that the England international defender has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Goodison Park until the summer of 2012.

"This is really terrific news for everyone connected with the club," said manager David Moyes.

"This continues our policy of securing - on long term deals - those players who not only represent Everton's present but also its future. Since joining us Joleon has more than proved his worth and the fact he is not only happy at Goodison Park but also willing to commit his future to Everton shows that we are most definitely moving in the right direction."

Chairman Bill Kenwright was similarly delighted after concluding negotiations with Lescott.

He said: "We have worked really hard over the past 12 months or so to secure the futures of our brightest and most gifted young players - men like Joleon, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Andy Johnson, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert.

"Joleon is absolutely delighted to haver agreed this new deal. I am delighted for him and also for our supporters who have really taken him to their hearts since his arrival from Wolves."

Lescott, who was signed from Wolves for an undisclosed fee in the summer of 2006, has played 86 competitive matches for the Toffees and established himself as one of the Premier League's best defenders - both in the position of centre-back and left-back.

His form for Everton has also seen him pick up his first international honours, having now earned four caps for England and being named in Fabio Capello's first squad earlier this year.

The Birmingham-born defender is now 25, with his new deal ensuring he will spend the most influential years of his career at Everton.

He has netted eight goals for Everton this term as the Toffees challenge on multiple fronts.

Last edited:

Joleon Lescott has become the latest of Everton's young guns to pledge his long term future to the club.

evertonfc.com can exclusively reveal that the England international defender has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Goodison Park until the summer of 2012.

"This is really terrific news for everyone connected with the club," said manager David Moyes.

"This continues our policy of securing - on long term deals - those players who not only represent Everton's present but also its future. Since joining us Joleon has more than proved his worth and the fact he is not only happy at Goodison Park but also willing to commit his future to Everton shows that we are most definitely moving in the right direction."

Chairman Bill Kenwright was similarly delighted after concluding negotiations with Lescott.

He said: "We have worked really hard over the past 12 months or so to secure the futures of our brightest and most gifted young players - men like Joleon, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Andy Johnson, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert.

"Joleon is absolutely delighted to haver agreed this new deal. I am delighted for him and also for our supporters who have really taken him to their hearts since his arrival from Wolves."

Lescott, who was signed from Wolves for an undisclosed fee in the summer of 2006, has played 86 competitive matches for the Toffees and established himself as one of the Premier League's best defenders - both at centre-back and left-back.

His form for Everton has also seen him pick up international honours since his arrival at Goodison, having now earned four caps for England and being named in Fabio Capello's first squad earlier this year.

The Birmingham-born defender is now 25, with his new deal ensuring he will spend the most influential years of his career at Everton.

He has netted eight goals for Everton so far this term.

Its a good news day.

that is excellent news! i'm in work its 8:20 am and thats just the news i need to start the day.

sorry to be a bit abrasive carl, big brush lots of tar these days. no excuse. no reason for me to get uppity. welcome to the board, there are a right set deviants on here.

best news for ages and vital to our future success, one less rumour to worry about this summer

Best news weve had as a club since Timmy and Mikel signed long term this summer!!
Anyone on here with the inside scoop from goodison about how much the lad will be earning from now on? I just hope we throw the armband at him too next year and make him feel like an Evertonian for life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.