Lescott dough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn right.

I'd take Bassong in all honesty. But yeah we need someone else there. And cover for Baines as well. And a new right back.

Much rather just keep Lescott. And buy a new right back,

(I might add 'and buy a new right back' to every sentence I type until Moyes listens

... and buys a new right back.)

Would you mate, even if we thought he wasnt good enough for us last season and sent him of to Newcastle for 500k.

Would you mate, even if we thought he wasnt good enough for us last season and sent him of to Newcastle for 500k.

He's not my preferred option, mate. But last year we had Jags and Lescott, this year (up until Christmas) if Joleon goes we'll have Senderos and Yobo.

Bassong is an improvement over the latter just not the former.

He's not my preferred option, mate. But last year we had Jags and Lescott, this year (up until Christmas) if Joleon goes we'll have Senderos and Yobo.

Bassong is an improvement over the latter just not the former.

Id be reluctent to sign a NU defender to be honest mate, hes been fined by them tonight for saying he wants to play for Spurs - you couldnt make it up!

Think better targets would include Gary Cahill, Michael Turner, Ryan Shawcross or Bangoura at Rangers.

Hope its a non issue though!!;)

Last edited:
Posted via Mobile Device
Jesus. The City fan has been nothing but sound on here, can we play nice?
Re Lescott: EVEN if we did sell him, I don't reckon you'd guess at least one of the players we'd bring in. I hate all this Champ Manager [Poor language removed]. In real life the deal's aren't as easy as that, it's not a case of using simple mathematics on the millions we supposedly have.

Damn right.

I'd take Bassong in all honesty. But yeah we need someone else there. And cover for Baines as well. And a new right back.

Much rather just keep Lescott. And buy a new right back,

(I might add 'and buy a new right back' to every sentence I type until Moyes listens

... and buys a new right back.)
Would prefer Hangeland over Bassong if we look at the £10M pricetag NU have on him.

Id be reluctent to sign a NU defender to be honest mate, hes been fined by them tonight for saying he wants to play for Spurs - you couldnt make it up!

Think better targets would include Gary Cahill, Michael Turner, Ryan Shawcross or Bangoura at Rangers.

Hope its a non issue though!!;)

I'm all for it being a non issue. If its at all possible we should keep hold of Lescott.

I'm also with you on Cahill, Turner and Shawcross but I doubt any of them will be for sale. Don't rate Bougherra, to be honest.

Would prefer Hangeland over Bassong if we look at the £10M pricetag NU have on him.

If Hangeland is for sale then I agree. I'd take Hughes as well, actually.

But I'll bet you money that Bassong goes for less than £10M. Are the Barcodes really in a position to haggle? I reckon we can get him for cheaper.

Just to note, that it is allegedly 10% on profit, so would be £1.7m on a £22m deal. That would leave £20.3m to strengthen should he go.

TBH I'm sick of it now. The fact that we're after Senderos tells me that the deal is gonna be done anyway. Moyes doesn't have the funds to spend £5m or whatever on cover.

If Senderos joins, it's a long-term signing. It could even be a shrewd one.

I'm all for it being a non issue. If its at all possible we should keep hold of Lescott.

I'm also with you on Cahill, Turner and Shawcross but I doubt any of them will be for sale. Don't rate Bougherra, to be honest.

Aye Bougherra has a lot to prove, i rate him but im not sure he has the attitude to be a success, definite ability.

I mentioned him as the least line of resistence, Moyes likes him as he has bid for him before and would be available as Rangers whole squad is up for sale.

Subotic's agent said today we had a bid turned down for him by Dortmund.

Hangland is a bit to long in the tooth and would cost to much for Moyes IMO.

I dont know if anyone remembers but we were linked with him a lot about 3-4 years ago when he was younger, not sure if he had a trial with us.

Hangland is a bit to long in the tooth and would cost to much for Moyes IMO.

I dont know if anyone remembers but we were linked with him a lot about 3-4 years ago when he was younger, not sure if he had a trial with us.
Agree, I just pointed out that I'd rather buy Hangeland for that amount than Bassong.

I've always rated Dawson at Spurs, I think he may have gone a bit stale at Spuds. I would like to see him come in if Lescott goes.

Dawson, liability, spuds achiles heels in defence. Scores some good own goals though.

Really hope the club hold their ground! Transfer requests can be rejected.

*Clutches at straws.
Aye and once upon a time a contract was worth the paper it was written on

Balls to him if he wants to go let him,but make damn sure he asks to go not us selling him for no real reason

Status
Not open for further replies.