Lescott dough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, Lescott isn't permitted to talk to another club yet so he's still an Everton player. Can't see any news on the internet that states that he's allowed to leave either.

maybe thats true mate..nothing is guarenteed for city but we have a chance and if we finish 2nd then you would have had a superb season lol

Just to wipe the smug smile off your face, turn your TV to sky. Sky have said Lescott HAS NOT (I repeat for emphasis, HAVE NOT) requested a transfer contrary to media reports. This would be a briefing with our own Ian Ross I quess.

Like us poor folks who really don't know who to believe, I wouldn't go opening that champagne bottle as yet. And as we move into the last week before KO, it becomes increasingly unlikely to happen this side of the transfer window.

City will end up with Bassong.

I would laugh and laugh and augh and laugh.

If they do end up getting Lescott (and there have STILL been no statements from the player) then £25 mill ish would do very nicely, set us up nicely like the money from the FLC did.

Just to wipe the smug smile off your face, turn your TV to sky. Sky have said Lescott HAS NOT (I repeat for emphasis, HAVE NOT) requested a transfer contrary to media reports. This would be a briefing with our own Ian Ross I quess.

Like us poor folks who really don't know who to believe, I wouldn't go opening that champagne bottle as yet. And as we move into the last week before KO, it becomes increasingly unlikely to happen this side of the transfer window.

there isnt a smug look or smile on my face mate and if you read through all my posts on here you would see that im not like that.

its one of them if he comes to city then great but if not then hey ho he wont but to think im on here with a smug grin on my face is so wide of the mark and in none of my posts on this forum have i been disrespectful to anyone on here and to say what you have mate isnt accurate or reflect any of my posts.

it looks like he is on his way lads,you know it annoys me when things get messy like this when it happens between other clubs and im just as annoyed the way its happening with it being city.

im 100% sure theres no tapping up and if there was i would want city to be punnished because when it happens with other clubs i want them punnished but as i said theres no proof of tapping up and people who think there is its because they may be gutted because lescott looks like hes going and they want to punish city for it.

i think everton are better off without him now he's shown his true colours(pardon the pun) and i wouldnt want an unhappy player at city if it was vice versa.

i genuinly hope you get sorted out with a good quality replacement and you get plenty of the money to spend because you deserve it because you have built your squad and success(footballing wise and progression) from scratch unlike say us.

dont get me wrong im very veryu happy the way our squad is taking shape but i do actually feel for yourselves who have got so near to breaking that top 4 only to be dragged back a little.

it doesnt mean you still cant finish in the top 4 though because you have been a good solid team for a few years now and losing one player wont change that i dont think.

and if you get the money for the sale of lescott then with hindsight it might be good for everton that you got a good wedge for hi to rebuild your squad and push on to the next level.

either way i wish you well as i have a lot of time for everton fans and i mean that.

Sorry mate i had to laugh at that:

Bellamy
Adebeyor
Barry
Robhinho
Tevez
Santa Cruz

Hardly paragons of virtue holding up the integrity of the game, i seem to remember they all kicked up a rucas and showed en masse unloayalty to their respective teams before leaving.

Beyond that i hear Adebeyor methaphoricly of course lifted his skirt to show his wares to Utd and Chelsea before he decided he always wanted to play for City. Truth is none of the players you signed genuinely give a stuff about City and that is why City will fade when the weather changes IMO.

Not having a go, but there has been something wrong at City for years - I dont beleive throwing money at it will change, i dont see how your squad or signings will be a team, i dont see where the desire will come from. We generaly dont have a pot to piss in but when it boils down to it we have players like Jags, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines who will play at 98% every game instead of 70% every second game as i beleive will happen at City.

You may well draw comparisons with Chelsea, but a lot of people forget Chelsea were an established CL club, with expierence of winning trophies, with a core of strong British players, before the money ever got there. When it did they bought players with hunger to succeed like, Essien, Drogba, Carvalhio, etc they always had a balance, i dont beleive City do, i just cant see whats going to motivate your team, im pretty certain what motivates their signings though, which im sure though exciting will eventually be the downfall of the club.

Im genuinely not having a pop mate, if JoLo goes i dont think his career will recover honestly, if he was to leave it should have been to a club like Utd or Chelsea he could do a job in those teams, i will feel a bit sorry for him if he ends up at City he could have been a great player. If im honest i hope City do okish say top 6 so they dont sack Hughes as i worry about City coming in for our manager.

But all the best im pretty sure it wont work out to be honest, but if it does ill hold my hands up - best of luck with it anyway.

Last edited:

it looks like he is on his way lads,you know it annoys me when things get messy like this when it happens between other clubs and im just as annoyed the way its happening with it being city.

im 100% sure theres no tapping up and if there was i would want city to be punnished because when it happens with other clubs i want them punnished but as i said theres no proof of tapping up and people who think there is its because they may be gutted because lescott looks like hes going and they want to punish city for it.

<exhibit 1>i think everton are better off without him now he's shown his true colours(pardon the pun) and i wouldnt want an unhappy player at city if it was vice versa.

i genuinly hope you get sorted out with a good quality replacement and you get plenty of the money to spend because you deserve it because you have built your squad and success(footballing wise and progression) from scratch unlike say us.

dont get me wrong im very veryu happy the way our squad is taking shape but i do actually feel for yourselves who have got so near to breaking that top 4 only to be dragged back a little.

it doesnt mean you still cant finish in the top 4 though because you have been a good solid team for a few years now and losing one player wont change that i dont think.

and if you get the money for the sale of lescott then with hindsight it might be good for everton that you got a good wedge for hi to rebuild your squad and push on to the next level.

either way i wish you well as i have a lot of time for everton fans and i mean that.

Bluemooner, while I understand what you mean, but exhibit 1 on an Everton forum doesn't always go down well with the locals and invites hostile response.

That said, the lose of Lescott will leave us cronically short at the back. I don't see why we should make you better and us weaker.

It's one thing not to be a fan of the club and just take it easy during games and another to be unhappy in the club Neiler.

True though that ManC have had a squad that has been better than it showed in the table, much like Newcastle. If Hughes can get the new signings to work as a team with the previous players then ManC will be a force to be reconed with, but I doubt it. Many of the players ManC have signed has a tendency to want to be in the spotlight, and they can't all be there. Don't know if Hughes is the right coach to keep them in check and work as a team. He can't play all his new players at once and some of them might start to question why they signed for them if they aren't allowed to play as much as they want.

S-G Eriksson did a good job with the players he bought in and I think ManC would be a much more dangerous team if he was still there, since he could handle big star players well.

I hope for your sake bluemooner that Hughes can manage to keep these players in check, otherwise it can go very, very bad.

Bluemooner, while I understand what you mean, but exhibit 1 on an Everton forum doesn't always go down well with the locals and invites hostile response.

That said, the lose of Lescott will leave us cronically short at the back. I don't see why we should make you better and us weaker.

We're apparantly looking atrocious at the back against Blackpool tonight....

Even if Lescott goes and we get Senderos in...we need another CB.

I for one would be made up if we sell Lescott for around 25 mill. 6 for Senderos, 4 ish maybe for Elm and the rest on..........

Mou, Mou, Mou, Moutinho.

(to the tune of Notorious)​

I for one would be made up if we sell Lescott for around 25 mill. 6 for Senderos, 4 ish maybe for Elm and the rest on..........

Mou, Mou, Mou, Moutinho.

Or the rest to reduce the club's debt with the bank...

I for one would be made up if we sell Lescott for around 25 mill. 6 for Senderos, 4 ish maybe for Elm and the rest on..........​

Mou, Mou, Mou, Moutinho.​

That's spelled wrong.. it should be:

No, No, No, Moutinho!

If we sell Lescott for 25 (we get to keep 23). £6M for Senderos, £4M for Elm and the rest should go to a very good CD otherwise we're going to fall down the table. Don't trust Senderos-Yobo pairing to keep us in the top6 until Jags are back to match fitness.

It's one thing not to be a fan of the club and just take it easy during games and another to be unhappy in the club Neiler.

True though that ManC have had a squad that has been better than it showed in the table, much like Newcastle. If Hughes can get the new signings to work as a team with the previous players then ManC will be a force to be reconed with, but I doubt it. Many of the players ManC have signed has a tendency to want to be in the spotlight, and they can't all be there. Don't know if Hughes is the right coach to keep them in check and work as a team. He can't play all his new players at once and some of them might start to question why they signed for them if they aren't allowed to play as much as they want.

S-G Eriksson did a good job with the players he bought in and I think ManC would be a much more dangerous team if he was still there, since he could handle big star players well.

I hope for your sake bluemooner that Hughes can manage to keep these players in check, otherwise it can go very, very bad.

To be honest i just cant see a conceivable way of moulding all their signings into a team, the players they signed are all bad eggs IMO and im not afraid of one of them, where will the desire, leadership and tenacity come from, i dont think one of them has any real desire to be at City and to aceive anything in football you need that - a lesson not well learned by Mark Hughes last season. I watched WBA stuff City well last season i think it was away in Winter, Man City had the superior players but WBA won because they had the desire - not one player City have signed since has me change my mind, in fact i think with the players they signed they could be worse, like a cancer of attrication and lack of motivation spreading around the club. Im not sure if Hughes is making all the signings there.

This is bizare but i think Hughes may have done a really good job there and in many ways City as a club could be better of without their takeover.

I was far more worried about them at the start of last season then i am this.

Last edited:

No, No, No, Moutinho!

If we sell Lescott for 25 (we get to keep 23). £6M for Senderos, £4M for Elm and the rest should go to a very good CD otherwise we're going to fall down the table. Don't trust Senderos-Yobo pairing to keep us in the top6 until Jags are back to match fitness.

But having The Mout negates the need for any other players. Moutinho vs Man Utd. And we'd win everytime.

To be honest i just cant see a conceivable way of moulding all their signings into a team, the players they signed are all bad eggs IMO and im not afraid of one of them, where will the desire, leadership and tenacity come from, i dont think one of them has any real desire to be at City and to aceive anything in football you need that - a lesson not well learned by Mark Hughes last season. I watched WBA stuff City well last season i think it was away in Winter, Man City had the superior players but WBA one because they had the desire - not one player City have signed since has me change my mind, in fact i think with the players they signed they could be worse, like a cancer of attrication and lack of motivation spreading around the club.

This is bizare but i think Hughes may have done a really good job there and in many ways City as a club could be better of without their takeover.

I was far more worried about them at the start of last season then i am this.

You've got a point. Who's gonna be captain? When its 2-1 down against Bolton away in the pissing down rain, 3 points are needed to get 4th spot...who's gonna rally the troops, throw bollockings about? Or is Tevez gonna play that guy again?

I'm guessing Gareth Barry...but he doesnt seem like the one to tell Robinho is being a pleb.

No, No, No, Moutinho!

Damn right.

I'd take Bassong in all honesty. But yeah we need someone else there. And cover for Baines as well. And a new right back.

Much rather just keep Lescott. And buy a new right back,

(I might add 'and buy a new right back' to every sentence I type until Moyes listens

... and buys a new right back.)

Status
Not open for further replies.