Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i'm from Holland. Just made an account to tell you something about Leroy Fer. He is a great box-to box player in Holland. Just made it into the National team. 8 million pounds for this fellow, is very cheap. He is very strong, very intelligent and also very young....
Tell me more tell me more, like does he have a car?

Hey guys, i'm from Holland. Just made an account to tell you something about Leroy Fer. He is a great box-to box player in Holland. Just made it into the National team. 8 million pounds for this fellow, is very cheap. He is very strong, very intelligent and also very young....

welcome to GOT mate

i take it you support vitesse? reckon you're on for CL this season

This is boss. I think it's just what we need and will give everyone a boost. We'll start ****ting teams once we get Kevin back. I think Villa are going to get it right in the rear on Saturday. The baggies have just scraped in under the wire. The good thing about this, from my perspective is that it's what Moyes wanted: a sign that we're headed in the right direction. Hopefully this will be all that he needs to sign on the dotted line. January was going to make his mind up and I can't see him saying no now. That is HUGE. What a coup as well, he's so highly rated and doesn't seem injury prone, lazy or to have a bad attitude.

Based on the last couple of windows, we're kicking on big time. The quality of the squad's on an upward curve that's steeper than even those spending more. If we don't do something big this season, amazingly, next season offers just as much, if not more promise, Felli staying or not. I can't believe I'm saying that as an Evertonian, where I half expect every good season to be our last and the good signings/funds to dry up. Well done to Moyes, and the staff.

All this is based on Fer actually signing, which is not certain, I gather. But it seems like done so I'm going to buzz off it.

welcome to GOT mate

i take it you support vitesse? reckon you're on for CL this season

Yeah indeed, i'm supporting Vitesse, the most beautiful club in Holland ;)

We won't get CL this year, our top-striker Wilfried Bony is right now at the ACON, and PSV, Ajax and FC Twente, all have a better team than Vitesse unfortunatly.

Yeah indeed, i'm supporting Vitesse, the most beautiful club in Holland ;)

We won't get CL this year, our top-striker Wilfried Bony is right now at the ACON, and PSV, Ajax and FC Twente, all have a better team than Vitesse unfortunatly.

Twente just lost their best player lad.

I don't really understand why Moyes has prioritised a Fer/ Vadis type player. From what I've seen of Fer he seems to be in the mould of Essien or Yaya: strong; bustling forward; good close control; cool finisher; intelligent footballer. They're all great qualities but I don't see how they fill the skills gap. DM has said over the weekend that he would ideally play Fellaini as a No. 8:

_______Jelavic
Pienaar No. 10 Mirallas
______Fellaini
__________No. 4

I would imagine that Gibson is our first choice No. 4, but his injury problems mean we're likely to need a backup. Mirallas could come inside and play as a No. 10, freeing up the right of midfield for Osman or Barkley but the Belgian has his own problems staying fit.

Fer has hit double figures for Twente this season, so he would be wasted as a No. 4 but I don't think that it's enough of a strength for him to be able to displace Fellaini or Mirallas in the hole for us. His Dutch U21 coach describes him as being like Vieira, which would suggest that he would be most suited to the No. 8 role. Would that then make him Fellaini's understudy/successor? Unless Marouane is departing imminently why would we spend so much on someone so similar?

For £8m we could bring in a good quality striker to push Jelavic and Vic or someone to cover for either Mirallas or Gibson. We still might, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.