Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you give us your thoughts on his strengths, weaknesses, role he would play on the National Team.

One of the strongest players in the Eredivisie. The strongest is Wilfried Bony, but he is from Ivory Coast hehe. His strengths are his physical aspects, speed, he is very quick. Also he is a very smart player, has a great tackle and his length is also very good. His weaknesses: He is not a player that makes 10 or 15 goals a year. I think at the National Team, he would be a central midfielder. A player like Mark van Bommel or Patrick Viera.

Yeah indeed, i'm supporting Vitesse, the most beautiful club in Holland ;)

We won't get CL this year, our top-striker Wilfried Bony is right now at the ACON, and PSV, Ajax and FC Twente, all have a better team than Vitesse unfortunatly.

haha i wouldn't go that far ;-)

i know bony's gone but i'm sure you can cope until he's back - definitely europa league then

Twente just lost their best player lad.

Nope, Twente's 3rd best player. Dusan Tadic and Nacer Chadli are in my opinion better. But different positions, so you can't compare it. He is the 2nd best central midfielder from Holland. Kevin Strootman is a little bit better, but he must cost around 18 million pounds.

We're signing a player for actual decent money. That in itself is a huge morale boost for everyone involved in the club.

One of the strongest players in the Eredivisie. The strongest is Wilfried Bony, but he is from Ivory Coast hehe. His strengths are his physical aspects, speed, he is very quick. Also he is a very smart player, has a great tackle and his length is also very good. His weaknesses: He is not a player that makes 10 or 15 goals a year. I think at the National Team, he would be a central midfielder. A player like Mark van Bommel or Patrick Viera.

lol

haha i wouldn't go that far ;-)

i know bony's gone but i'm sure you can cope until he's back - definitely europa league then

Yeah that's right. 4th place in the Eredivisie would be great. Especially if you got in mind that 2 years ago, we almost went to our second league... I'm happy, but we won't get into the CL ;) Europa League would be great!

I don't really understand why Moyes has prioritised a Fer/ Vadis type player. From what I've seen of Fer he seems to be in the mould of Essien or Yaya: strong; bustling forward; good close control; cool finisher; intelligent footballer. They're all great qualities but I don't see how they fill the skills gap. DM has said over the weekend that he would ideally play Fellaini as a No. 8:

_______Jelavic
Pienaar No. 10 Mirallas
______Fellaini
__________No. 4

I would imagine that Gibson is our first choice No. 4, but his injury problems mean we're likely to need a backup. Mirallas could come inside and play as a No. 10, freeing up the right of midfield for Osman or Barkley but the Belgian has his own problems staying fit.

Fer has hit double figures for Twente this season, so he would be wasted as a No. 4 but I don't think that it's enough of a strength for him to be able to displace Fellaini or Mirallas in the hole for us. His Dutch U21 coach describes him as being like Vieira, which would suggest that he would be most suited to the No. 8 role. Would that then make him Fellaini's understudy/successor? Unless Marouane is departing imminently why would we spend so much on someone so similar?

For £8m we could bring in a good quality striker to push Jelavic and Vic or someone to cover for either Mirallas or Gibson. We still might, I suppose.

All guesswork but I'd like to see him played in between Felli and Gibson. Felli up there with Jelavic and Gibson in front of the back four. The three could easily cover for each other in every position. Ideally, I'd like to see Felli come back into midfield at some point, but Fer looks boss when he's got license to be everywhere. He could end up being a boss AM, like. He can play a through ball and he can certainly slot.

This is how Evertonians feel atm;

[video=youtube;j_xjBAd5G84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84[/video]

I don't really understand why Moyes has prioritised a Fer/ Vadis type player. From what I've seen of Fer he seems to be in the mould of Essien or Yaya: strong; bustling forward; good close control; cool finisher; intelligent footballer. They're all great qualities but I don't see how they fill the skills gap. DM has said over the weekend that he would ideally play Fellaini as a No. 8:

_______Jelavic
Pienaar No. 10 Mirallas
______Fellaini
__________No. 4

I would imagine that Gibson is our first choice No. 4, but his injury problems mean we're likely to need a backup. Mirallas could come inside and play as a No. 10, freeing up the right of midfield for Osman or Barkley but the Belgian has his own problems staying fit.

Fer has hit double figures for Twente this season, so he would be wasted as a No. 4 but I don't think that it's enough of a strength for him to be able to displace Fellaini or Mirallas in the hole for us. His Dutch U21 coach describes him as being like Vieira, which would suggest that he would be most suited to the No. 8 role. Would that then make him Fellaini's understudy/successor? Unless Marouane is departing imminently why would we spend so much on someone so similar?

For £8m we could bring in a good quality striker to push Jelavic and Vic or someone to cover for either Mirallas or Gibson. We still might, I suppose.

We lack in central midfield. This gives us that extra bit of quality (hopefully) squad depth, with a few more goals from midfield thrown in.

With this lad in the middle of the park, maybe we wouldn't suffer there as Fellaini is pushed forwards and vice versa.

Yeah that's right. 4th place in the Eredivisie would be great. Especially if you got in mind that 2 years ago, we almost went to our second league... I'm happy, but we won't get into the CL ;) Europa League would be great!

Yeah think you'll get fourth, as long as Feyenoord finish above you that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.