Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a left back. A boss and dependable left back. Teams scream out for them. And he creates a ridiculous amount of chances.

But for the FIFA U30s mob on here they're bored. They get bored so easy. MUM BUY ME A NEW GAME.

They are always looking for the next best thing. So they will sell him and buy an up and coming Portuguese left back and convince themselves they're doing the right thing. Or throw their hopes on a kid in the youth team.

That's the problem with the Garbutt quegs. If you take note of the demographics it's mostly under 30 clueless nuggets proclaiming him ready to take over from Baines already.

Honestly I'd either ban the under thirties from this forum or create a separate section of the forum for them to chat their utter guff in. Like a massive transfer or wrestling thread if you will.

The thirty and unders basically the clued up proper blues with appropriate life experience and perspective, can then opt out of their bell section.

Fair play to him. He's had an assist haul you'd be chuffed to see your playmaker (if you have one...) or wingers get -- one of the highest totals in the league -- all from left back. Outstanding, if the injury has been so influential.

Have we played many games where he hasn't started, though? Might skew those results really.
Looking at it in more detail think it is skewed by who our opponents were when he was missing. Of the 7 games he's missed to date 3 of them were against Liverpool H Chelsea A and Arsenal A so not too surprising we didn't score a single goal. Disappointing but unfortunately not surprising!

He's a left back. A boss and dependable left back. Teams scream out for them. And he creates a ridiculous amount of chances.

But for the FIFA U30s mob on here they're bored. They get bored so easy. MUM BUY ME A NEW GAME.

They are always looking for the next best thing. So they will sell him and buy an up and coming Portuguese left back and convince themselves they're doing the right thing. Or throw their hopes on a kid in the youth team.

That's the problem with the Garbutt quegs. If you take note of the demographics it's mostly under 30 clueless nuggets proclaiming him ready to take over from Baines already.

Honestly I'd either ban the under thirties from this forum or create a separate section of the forum for them to chat their utter guff in. Like a massive transfer or wrestling thread if you will.

The thirty and orders, basically the clued up proper blues can then opt out of their bell section.

Harsh... but otherwise, 'hear, hear' - underappreciating the 'Kirkby Messi' is the staple of clueless-ness.

Harsh... but otherwise, 'hear, hear' - underappreciating the 'Kirkby Messi' is the staple of clueless-ness.
The Southdene Roberto Carlos deserves so much better from us.

But thankfully I think he realises it's the twenty something bellends. I'm absolutely delighted the economy crashed and they only have unemployment or zero hour contracts in Tescos available to them. That's karma that.

The Southdene Roberto Carlos deserves so much better from us.

But thankfully I think he realises it's the twenty something bellends. I'm absolutely delighted the economy crashed and they only have unemployment or zero hour contracts in Tescos available to them. That's karma that.

I'm twenty-something, can I be exempted from this bell-end faction you speak of?

I probably deserve some of that karma dished out to me for some other reason though, doubtlessly.

The thirty and unders basically the clued up proper blues with appropriate life experience and perspective, can then opt out of their bell section.
Paragraph [Poor language removed]

I'm deffo not under 30 but I think the problem is these days, the money available has increased the younger players urgency to move clubs. 20 years ago Garbutt would have the perfect type of younger player you keep around and in a couple of years would have been ready to take over Baines. Unfortunately these days 20-30,000 is available to players at any level of the premier league so instead of waiting around he can move on and make big money.

Thanks for sharing x
this forum missed your off handed irreverence and castigation

I'm deffo not under 30 but I think the problem is these days, the money available has increased the younger players urgency to move clubs. 20 years ago Garbutt would have the perfect type of younger player you keep around and in a couple of years would have been ready to take over Baines. Unfortunately these days 20-30,000 is available to players at any level of the premier league so instead of waiting around he can move on and make big money.

Nah its not money
I think he just looks around the league and sees how the likes of Shaw and Gibbs are getting England international call ups, and he's thinking to himself "i could do that!"
All honesty - if I was his agent - i'd make sure he goes elsewhere next season.
As an Everton fan I would love if that was on loan to Watford/Bournemouth.

CF7ODLwWoAE5Kq7.jpg

FourFourTwo Full-back of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.