Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Thoughts?

How important is he to our side?

If you had to draw up a scout report, strengths, weaknesses?

We paid £6m for him, if a bid came in now, what would you regard as acceptable? - Not that I'm advocating a sale, your answer will indicate progress.

very important to club as we have no cover.
Feel he has improved and gets forward well into attacking third of the pitch.
defensively solid and has a good engine.
has good crossing ability but his set pieces could be improved.
value at moment realistically 8-10mill.
should be considered for world cup squad imo

Thoughts?

How important is he to our side?

If you had to draw up a scout report, strengths, weaknesses?

We paid £6m for him, if a bid came in now, what would you regard as acceptable? - Not that I'm advocating a sale, your answer will indicate progress.

If he could cross and had a yard extra pace he'd be first choice for England.

He's not a great defender but his strengths by far outweigh his weaknesses and he's a massive part of our attacking game. After Pienaar and Arteta he's probably our most creative player, which says it all really. His link up play with Pienaar is a massive part of our game.

Looking at his form he's been inconsistent this season but you could say that about everyone bar Pienaar and Saha. Everyone has struggled from this, probably because of the lack of stability in the squad this season.

I wouldn't consider selling him to be honest, I can't see us getting better and he's only going to get better and better. And he's a local lad, which is always nice to see.

He is vital to us. His desire alone to play for Everton makes him so.
Both sides of his game are good, though his final ball needs improving.
As for value, in today's daft Market, he must be worth 12 to 15 mil.
Personally I wouldn't ever want him to leave though, no mattter how much was offered.

People talk about 'end product' and whilst I think his delivery is inconsistent he created more goals than any other defender last season and he's created a fair few this season.

I think the majority of fullbacks and wingers have inconsistent deliveries, there are very few excellent set piece takers/crossers around.

Personally i feel he should play on the wing instead of in defense - he struggles to get back after a forward run meaning a cb has to cover, leaving his position open

Probably third best left back in the league behind Cole & Evra. Should be in the England squad.

Baines is a good enough player for me. Will always be associated with Wigan, I think he was on his way to one of the north east sides before we snapped him up.

I was actually quite pleased when I heard he had been brought in.

Not much else to say really. :rolleyes:

Definately 3rd best left full back in the league - if bridge went for 10m, Baines would go for 12 easily.

Hard to keep up with all the prices these days, Ronaldo was what 80 M, Beckford is worth 2 M so they say, but Baines sounds about right.

Money everywhere, it's like a Gremlins Dragons Den.

I'd definitely take him to South Africa, rather than Bridge!! Just hope he can finish off the season in good form....perhaps we need some cover though, just in case

A great buy for 6m really

Status
Not open for further replies.