2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll sell big again in the summer. Richarlison will go, for one. He'll fetch £80M or so. More possibly. Tosun's injury is a pity, but we'll see a couple more fetch a fee of sorts, and there'll be some sort of injection of cash from Moshiri or via a sponsorship deal.

There'll be cash to spend and FFP considerations will be met.

Yep, wouldn’t be surprised to see some unexpected or unappetising outs mate.

How can you beg for rip Everton off for millions Roscoe to ‘come home’ and call Baines the naughtiest left back in the world Judas.

Sourpuss lobbing tit grenades like a champ, knowing sensible Blues will back this most excellent 9 o'clock news flash...thereby, indirectly, calming the toxic ones before they can suck more blood.

Genius...

This is why we never get anywhere as a club: "let's hand another contract to a 35 year old. He's a 'good lad'."

FFS, are we serious about every getting back to the top? Would any CL spot chasing club be seriously contemplating making do and mend in a postion or would they be looking to have class in strength in every position?

I'd rather go out and get that LB kid from Hearts - 17 years old and head and shoulders above Baines even now.
The other thing is, looking back on Sunday, yes Baines did a few things right (and I pointed out what they were on the day). But he's fresh as a daisy. He's hardly stepped on the pitch all year, having the odd game to tick him over. Of course he'll have a game where he's energised at this stage of the season against players with loads of games in their legs.

He's ok for a game or two max. But we cant be handing out very good wages for another year to secure a player who wont cope with a whole season if called upon.

As said, the lad Hickey at Hearts looks a player and he's a kid who will get better. Less than £10M to Hearts and he'd be ours, and he wouldn't be on Baines level wages. The deal would pay for itself and we'd have a fantastic prospect. And if not Hickey then some other young prospect needs to come in.
No mate, I’d rather we bought a young left back to be Digne’s understudy with the intention of him taking over from him when he leaves. Don’t know why our fans are terrified of moving on, people wanted to keep Jagielka for another season as backup rather than play Holgate.
What are we going to do with Lewis Gibson? He’s 19 going on 20, he’s had a fantastic loan spell this season, why can’t he be backup left back in the same way Holgate learnt his trade as a backup right back? It worries me how stuck in the past we are.
Ancelotti's move doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He was playing Maldini at AC Milan when he was 40.

This is a terrible mistake if it happens. Baines is no Maldini. We have to be bringing in good young kids to keep us moving forward.

If that lad from Hearts goes to another PL club and we're stuck with this no paced donkey it'll be an utter disgrace.
£40M? Where are you getting that from?

We could throw Hearts £8M for that LB of theirs and have him as Digne's understudy. THAT would be a much more logical use of financial resources.

FFS, spending millions more lining the pocket of that phoney get Baines.

I repeat: no wonder we win f.a.
I’m sorry lads but Dave is absolutely spot on on this one, and I love Baines. We are a club that hoardes veterans sadly.
Seriously, folks, much as I admire him, we should be looking to sign the next Leighton Baines, not extending his contract.

Too often in the past we've kept on players who were past their peak - Kevin Campbell, Tim Howard, Phil Nevile, Tim Cahill and , many others.

The only logic i can see with this extension is that Baines is cover and Gibson is seen as needing 6-12months in the championship before coming into the first team squad.

If in January Gibson is proving himself then he comes back and ousts Baines...

Perhaps they dont want to sign anyone to block Gibsons pathway...

Thats the only logical explanation i can think of.

probably been Everton's best player of the last 15 years. was one of the best left backs in the world in his prime. really nice guy to

Status
Not open for further replies.