2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how you should use Youths and Players near retirement, as back up. The lads/lasses saying no point spending millions on someone who can sit on the bench when we have someone already for that role are right.

Not a fan of sentimental contract extensions. We’ve been far too loyal to some players. I hope he’s on significantly reduced wages to reflect his contribution.

We just lost over £100m, we need to be thinking like a business.

Well carlo likes him and arguably a good player to have avail;able but in reality should have been replaced some time ago.

Christ what a terrible thing.
Why should we have given Jags one? He’s played about 2 games this season, and Holgate probably would’ve been loaned out or sold again. Absolutely no logic, only sentiment.
Keane has been awful most of the season and there's been games where we've had 3 at the back with hardly any cover on the bench, I admit it would only be for cover or the odd game but he was reliable when called upon last season

Keane has been awful most of the season and there's been games where we've had 3 at the back with hardly any cover on the bench, I admit it would only be for cover or the odd game but he was reliable when called upon last season

Jagielka would’ve been no better than Keane. He’s 37 years old and hasn’t been able to get a game for Sheffield United who’ve played 3 at the back all season.

It's been a few years now since Martina (a third choice RB) had to play LB due to there being no one else to the job when Baines got injured. I'm not up to speed with the youth players coming through, but do we seriously, after all this time, still not have a young LB coming through the system who is good enough to at least be added to the first-team squad? I'm not having a go at Baines. I like him and think he's done a decent enough job when called upon.

We'll sell big again in the summer. Richarlison will go, for one. He'll fetch £80M or so. More possibly. Tosun's injury is a pity, but we'll see a couple more fetch a fee of sorts, and there'll be some sort of injection of cash from Moshiri or via a sponsorship deal.

There'll be cash to spend and FFP considerations will be met.

We aren't selling a player who signed a five year contract 6 months previously. Not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.