2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Baines was the legend others consider him to be because it'd mean we'd had substantial success.

None of our players in the last 23 years have been legends.

Ok so does that mean that if a club wins no trophies, they have no club legends?

Retrain him as a deep-lying playmaker. He has the technical abilites to spray passes round the pitch in the middle of the park but without the responsibility of running up and down the left wing.

Give it up mate. Charlatans dont become one of the most respected managers of a World Cup. That war's over and you lost it.

What respect He bearly scraped past Japan, beat the worst brazil team in 50 years and got destroyed by france.

Yeah top respect:coffee:

Retrain him as a deep-lying playmaker. He has the technical abilites to spray passes round the pitch in the middle of the park but without the responsibility of running up and down the left wing.

Thought we tried that a few years back.

Cant see it myself.

Think it’s beat he leaves now. I don’t think he’ll do a Jagielka and hang around WELL past his sell-by date.

"ONE OF US"

That has to be one of the most embarrassing slogans of all time. A Kopite who also supported Blackburn before he'd ever have supported Everton...who tanked games in an Everton shirt.

That, in my book, is a disgrace.

What are ya on about dave

Baines has NEVER been a defender. Pienaar bailed him out all the time when Baines was in his "pomp".

He's been an acceptbale signing all things considered. Anything claimed for him beyond that just underlines what a fallen giant we are.

Can actually agree with that bit - he was about 50% more effective when Pienaar was with him.

"Leighton is one of the best left-backs in European football". R. Martinez

Nah. Back up, League Cup full back will suit him fine now.
Will he want to be back up, though? I think Baines could easily do a job for a newly promoted team, or somebody like Huddersfield. He just isn't good enough for a team like us who want to push on into the European places.

Status
Not open for further replies.