Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've said earlier, I really don't believe it's poor in the sense that most people suspect it to be; they're performing poorly, but there is quality within the squad.

Pickford (ish), Digne, Mina, Bernard, Gomes and Richarlison are all solid players and could perform better under a different manager; the rest are mainly average.

Don't get me wrong, we can't rely on just a few certain players and some of the other squad members need replacing, however it's not as bad as people suggest.

A new manager with their impetus and suitable coaching/new ideas could easily turn this squad around: just look last year at their potential.

My main criticism is we're extraordinarily average/weak in too many areas. So even though we have decent players, one or two injuries decimate us.

And we sold our best player and are still trying to play in the same way with players who can't do half of the job.

This squad can and should be top half EASILY, The Premier league is utter gash apart from two teams (Not Leicester) but we've just decided to be crap too, A combination of a crap manager/injuries and a few brain cells in the first team is costing us big time.

Oh it absolutely should be top half.

But like you say, it's a crap league. It's not saying much.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Silva here tbh. He changed it up for this game, we actually moved it well at times - he even made some subs before we went behind for once and has been undone by individual errors.

anyway, let the booing commence (resume?)
Yes, but his substitutions cost us the draw, which wouldn't have been a bad result in the circumstances. Taking Iwobi off instead of Davies was
crazy.

Oh, and we would've got away with it if Sidibe hadn't faked injury and caused al that added time.

Last edited:
My main criticism is we're extraordinarily average/weak in too many areas. So even though we have decent players, one or two injuries decimate us.

And we sold our best player and are still trying to play in the same way with players who can't do half of the job.
Alas, this is why I place the majority of the blame on the manager and higher echelons of the club, rather than the actual calibre of the squad as a whole.

The club knew Gueye would be leaving during the summer months back in the January window (that's a fact), yet we've still persisted to play the same rigid way.

It's the same with the players who come in after injury: rather than adapting, it's one way regardless of how it is applied. Look at other clubs and their quality...

Yes, but his substitutions cost us the draw, which wouldn't have been a bad result in the circumstances. Taking Iwobi off instead of Davies was
crazy.

Oh, and we would've got away with it if Sidibe hadn't faked injury and caused al that added time.

his sub worked in as far as it stopped us getting overrun in midfield, but he’s obvs not blameless - could have changed it sooner and the Davies/Iwobi thing is questionable at best, aye

Status
Not open for further replies.