Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question do you think it would of been better to get beat 3-0 then lose like that today after playing well. Was having the conversation with my dad and brother and that moment seems like the same last season with Pickford at Anfield. And we know how that killed us off for a period of time. The worry is now we are already in bad form. Don’t get me wrong I liked that we played Better but it feels the same.
Playing 'well' * and losing to the rs doesnt make it 'better' - it makes it worse...the arl coulda woulda shoulda, a day late and a dollar short, a Bullseye...and here's what you could've won

* 'well' if you mean just not a shight as we usually do - then NO.
* If we played 'well' as in really well, well it wasnt good enough and we need to play 'well-er'

Edit; I'd not be happy unless - in footballing terms - I have my foot on the squirming begging rs throat and my sword point just pricking the skin below his eyeball and still hadn't completely made my mind up whether or not to shove it all the way in
That's the sort of playing 'well' I want

Last edited:
That end outcome was as sure as night follows day...

And WHY did he bring Schneidelin on at 1-1? That was tantamount to going down to 10 men...!!!
Because there was no proper holding midfielder on the pitch and we were starting to get overrun in the middle. Say what you like about Schneiderlin but he can dictate the tempo of a game, something that neither Davies or Sigurdsson can. Assume he was just trying to see the game out with minimal damage.
It also helped keep Leicester occupied in the middle to free up space for Sidibe on the wing

Because there was no proper holding midfielder on the pitch and we were starting to get overrun in the middle. Say what you like about Schneiderlin but he can dictate the tempo of a game, something that neither Davies or Sigurdsson can. Assume he was just trying to see the game out with minimal damage.
It also helped keep Leicester occupied in the middle to free up space for Sidibe on the wing
Koff lad with your Snidy can dictate a tempo of a game.

I am distraught at the manner of the loss.
I am even more distraught that I spent more time in Nuneaton than any sentient human should be subjected to.
Think that's it.
Oh,wait - not a MILF or GILF in the entire Leicester fanbase. ;)

We have no confidence. Leiester were miles better than us and we looked to try and hit them on the counter attack by sitting deep in our own half. I think when they equalised we just broke and it was only a matter of time before the winner was coming.

I thought we played well first half in containing them but who'd have thought we'd be looking an absolute mismatch for Leicester City?

for large streches I thought LC looked like us. they we slow w/ their passes/runs and looked like they were going through the motions. I was starting to think we were possibly contagous, and maybe had a chance to infect the RS as well.

Another VAR error doing us in, but you have to play to the whistle. Pickford made an attempt to save it and Ihenacho was always going to get the shot off. Davies is the one who should be hanging his head today after virtually assisting both of their goals with his sloppy, careless play. That was one of the worst midfield performances in living memory.

Playing 'well' * and losing to the rs doesnt make it 'better' - it makes it worse...the arl coulda woulda shoulda, a day late and a dollar short, a Bullseye...and here's what you could've won

* 'well' if you mean just not a shight as we usually do - then NO.
* If we played 'well' as in really well, well it wasnt good enough and we need to play 'well-er'

Edit; I'd not be happy unless - in footballing terms - I have my foot on the squirming begging rs throat and my sword point just pricking the skin below his eyeball and still hadn't completely made my mind up whether or not to shove it all the way in
That's the sort of playing 'well' I want
Yep, when Everton plays well, always comes short and not good enough...

Apparently it’s still crap in disguise...
Its all relative, last week was dire, this week was less dire / bare minimum required...and we still lost...narrowly...VAR assisted, but none the less a loss.
Which shows me most times bare minimum required is not good enough

Paint it anyway you like lads.
We are simply not good enough.
Playing 'well' and losing gets you the same points as losing.
Get it right. We did not play well. We just played better.
Which wasn't hard.

It has been a long time since we had a good defence.
There is our main issue.

The rot set in when we bought Williams to go next to a slowing down Jags.
Swansea are still laughing at us.
So we bought Keane. Burnley are still laughing at us.
Jury still out on Mina.

Mr Moshri may have spent millions, but we have gone backwards in the league and our defenders are possibly amongst the poorest in the division.
Full backs aside.
Time will tell. I don't see many Prem teams knocking on the door for our centre backs.

You need a strong spine in a successful team and so insert puns here as it seems some of our players lack backbone. And quality.

Another VAR error doing us in, but you have to play to the whistle. Pickford made an attempt to save it and Ihenacho was always going to get the shot off. Davies is the one who should be hanging his head today after virtually assisting both of their goals with his sloppy, careless play. That was one of the worst midfield performances in living memory.

This. We teach kids as they begin to play full sided games, play to the whistle, no hands in air waving and pointing. Keane and Sigurdson, looking at you. A split second raising your arms and looking to the ref for a dig out is a split second you could have got on your opponent. Which you didn't. In the 94th minute these are the hairs breath margins that cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.