Left Midfield

You decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard on the left, Walcott on the right, every game between now and the end of the season.

I don't even get why this is a discussion.

Iwobi is a lower league footballer for me, out his depth in the prem, may get the odd goal every 10 games if he's lucky

Agree mate. Was underwhelmed when we signed him (possibly because we were heavily linked to Zaha) but tried to convince myself. Poor signing isn't he.

With a lot of our signings, I ask myself would I rather have the money back we spent on them or keep the player. I think Richarlison, DCL, Holgate and at a push Gomes are the only ones I'd keep. Mina jury still out as well.

Agree mate. Was underwhelmed when we signed him (possibly because we were heavily linked to Zaha) but tried to convince myself. Poor signing isn't he.

With a lot of our signings, I ask myself would I rather have the money back we spent on them or keep the player. I think Richarlison, DCL, Holgate and at a push Gomes are the only ones I'd keep. Mina jury still out as well.

reackon we might be able to shift him to palace if they sell zaha in the summer

I think Lucas digne will get back to his best soon
I'm a Pickford fan

Sidibe- dont buy for Christ sake
Siggy- turned into a right flop
Scheiderlin- poor
Iwobi- pants down poor
Keane- looks like he's aged 10 years
Gbamin- keeping physios in a job
Delph- what's he do?
Kean- can't see the 'potential' everyone else does

Alot of money spent and not alot of for it.
Could be worse we could have signed davvy klaassen

Playing regular CL for a team that is one of two good sides in a poor league that doesn't really compete beyond maybe going out in the first knockout is beyond meaningless. Maybe Dodo can solve our right back troubles if that's the logic we are employing.

We've seen what Bernard is here and in the PL he's a 1 in 4 or 5 attacker. That is mediocre. No amount of skill makes up for not producing anything.

So basically that's all the top leagues in Europe as they fit that "two good teams" in a poor league statement. The premiership is now one of them.

Bernard is hardly one of our teams problems

I don't think he played well, but he objectively didn't give the ball away a lot. It's not an opinion based thing.

It's like when people used to occasionally say Gana didn't do as much defensively as everyone thought. He objectively put in more tackles than anyone else. There's no real dispute.
I didn't say that he gave it away 'a lot,' but rather that when he did, it was careless and extremely avoidable.

That type of thing won't go down well with a 60-year-old Italian.

So basically that's all the top leagues in Europe as they fit that "two good teams" in a poor league statement. The premiership is now one of them.

Bernard is hardly one of our teams problems
Everyone is part of the team's problems beside Richarlison, Digne and DCL. You could make a case for Holgate, Mina and Gomes too.

It's still an average team that will remain average until we have more above average players. Part of getting those players is seeing if anyone in the squad who isn't being used much could be useful. That's why Gordon should get a few shots at it the rest of the season.

As for the first part, Shakhtar and Kiev would be mid table PL teams. The rest of that league would struggle for 10 points. That's the difference.

I didn't say that he gave it away 'a lot,' but rather that when he did, it was careless and extremely avoidable.

That type of thing won't go down well with a 60-year-old Italian.
Giving the ball away twice or whatever is probably not the end of the world regardless of how it happens. Not doing anything with it and messing up covering back is a problem.

By all means have a go at him for the Arsenal game, he wasn't great, but do it from reality.

Giving the ball away twice or whatever is probably not the end of the world regardless of how it happens. Not doing anything with it and messing up covering back is a problem.

By all means have a go at him for the Arsenal game, he wasn't great, but do it from reality.
I think you've got the blinkers on with this Bernard/Iwobi debate.

The Arsenal game was a perfect example of Iwobi being the kind of player that managers deem unreliable/untrustworthy.

It was the same with Vlasic when he was here.

Neither does anything else?
I'd argue trying to get our 30m signing comfortable and useful and getting an 18 year old talent who hasn't played 90 minutes since December real playing time certainly might. It's at least more likely than 9 straight games of Bernard and Walcott.

I'd also like to see Kean start some even if that means no DCL or Richarlison or Richie on the wing or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.