Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've been happy with a draw before the game and it still isn't a bad result all things considered, however a bit frustrated with us not being able to keep a lead twice and also not being clinical when it mattered with chances we had to go 3-1 up. I hope our central defense (Keane specifically) isn't going to get us come unstuck during the season. I'll feel more comfortable if Godfrey's put back in there when he returns.

On a more positive note, we don't look like we have problems creating chances going forward, which wasn't always the case last season. Gray with his pace has been a big boost to our attack and makes us look much more threatening in attack. My MOTM today.

I just woke up and see our brave lionhearts have won a point ...well in Everton. That was effectively Leeds’ first home PL game so was a tough ask.
Good start to the season!

PS did not see any of the game but I gave MotM to Crab Iwobi. I feel a little sorry for Crab and I hope when he sees my vote, it lifts his spirits.
He's just text me to say he's over the moon. He said he's halfway to his target of MOM votes this season thanks to you

Can't complain too much about the draw, feels like a fair result. Could have won it if Keane wasn't an AI controlled player whi makes mistakes to keep the match level, or if DCL could finish 1v1. Hopefully we actually sign some reinforcements in the coming week.

On balance playing away at Leeds when they've got a full crowd for the first time in a couple of years (36000 thought it was about 42000 capacity?) a draw is not bad. Still feel we should have bagged the points. I would get rid of Keane at a flash. Get Godrey in and maybe a new centre half. Need another striker. Thought Richie's Brazilian summer caught up with him today.

He's just text me to say he's over the moon. He said he's halfway to his target of MOM votes this season thanks to you
That’s great! I am absolutely chuffed that my vote is ‘making a difference’!. And I am a little envious that you evidently hobknob it with PL football superstars. If I PM’d you my email address, would you ask Crab to maybe send me a message?. We could be pen-pals! It would mean a lot to me. Thanking you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.