Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just woke up and see our brave lionhearts have won a point ...well in Everton. That was effectively Leeds’ first home PL game so was a tough ask.
Good start to the season!

PS did not see any of the game but I gave MotM to Crab Iwobi. I feel a little sorry for Crab and I hope when he sees my vote, it lifts his spirits.

There's a couple of seasons worth of inadequate fitness work in there for me compared to a Leeds team that has been well drilled under Bielsa for some time. It might be a couple of percent difference but it's significant in my eyes.

Say what you want about Benitez but that I am sure will improve.

Other than that, too many silly niggles going on. Cannot get dragged into that as it will cost us in bookings and suspensions and I don't want a reputation like Leeds do for being dirty.

Work in progress. Tricky game navigated. Next...

Oh and well done Gray!

Very encouraging display in what was always going to be a difficult match given that it was their first prem game in front of their fans for beards.
Several individual errors (as usual) but generally speaking it was a good team performance and if Dom had his scoring boots on it might havd been 3 points.
I'm going with Doucoure for MOM for the second week running. Allan and Gray were both in contention.
Early days, but two enjoyable to watch matches so far.
COYB

Players Rating:
  • Pickford 8 - solid
  • Coleman 7 - solid at the back, didn’t venture far, weak attempt
  • Mina 9 - a true tough CH, countless timely interceptions, hope he stays healthy
  • Keane 4 - two assists so far which costs us points, need to rest him, period
  • Digne 7 - didn’t deliver enough crosses and a stupid yellow card, still solid on the left
  • Gray 9.5 - a future star in the making, confident with his own ability and deservedly, a goal
  • Allan 8 - more up to pace than the first game, played his heart out, a fighter
  • Doucoure 8 - solid in front of our backline and pushes fwd when needed
  • Iwobi 7.5 - second half performance won him one extra point, a nice through pass to CL
  • Richarlison 6 - maybe the long playing season took its toll as he looked jaded
  • CL 7 - took a point off for missing the wonderful spoon-fed pass from Iwobi
  • Townsend 7- committed everytime he is on the field, a great asset on the right
  • Delphe 5 - looks unconvincing, a disaster to happen the longer he holds the ball
  • Kean - too short a time on the field to rate

• Rafael 9 - took us to new fitness level which lasted 90+mins, and we managed to fight toe to toe with Leeds in this department. We look organised as a team and we create chances. As Ancelotti always emphasize on attitude and fighting spirit, but without fitness, is just empty talks and wishes. With Godfrey and Gbamin still to come back, we can be ambitious and hopeful of a great season ahead.

CYOB, UTFT

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.