Ledson to leave Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Rossiter across the park is another example. He was expected to be the next academy graduate for them. Now plays for Rangers.
No guarantee for any youth player. That last step to the first team, especially in the modern day cauldron of the Premier League is the most difficult. I had high hopes for Ryan but after seeing him make the bench a few years back his disappearance back to the academy without any more exposure did make me question if he would be successful here.

Whatever the outcome I am certain the club will do whatever is best for all concerned. I hope he has a long and successful career be that here or elsewhere. Adam Forshaw is a great example that leaving for a lower league side is not always a bad thing.
I was having the conversation with zat a while ago now and he was spouting that we should promote all these young players and sign united reserves etc

It is a sad thing that the gap between reserve / academy football is so big compared to the premier league. If we were a lower league team i would imagine we would have a much bigger result of players making the step up. As it happens, you can't expect a good amount of 18 and 19 year olds to be able to move from playing their peers and learning the game to playing against some of the best in the world. imagine throwing a 18 year old defender against Ibrahimovic? Or messi? or asking a young striker who isn't suddenly the best thing ever to play against experience?

what i do appeciate from the club however is the fact we are sending these young players off to have careers which is fantastic to see. They may drop a division or 2 when they start off but no arguments we are serving them well.

@Zatara

And this is why you don't plan to play the academy. Proof in writing of what i failed to convince you of. Most of the aren't good enough , and this is proof of that. Ledson was next best thing for a long time, now he could leave for league 2?

But of course in your eyes we should be promoting them all and winning the league?

league 1 to be fair if its oxford. echo dont seem to realise they got promoted.
plus he only turned 19 this week, he has plenty of time to make it as premier league footballer.

@Zatara

And this is why you don't plan to play the academy. Proof in writing of what i failed to convince you of. Most of the aren't good enough , and this is proof of that. Ledson was next best thing for a long time, now he could leave for league 2?

But of course in your eyes we should be promoting them all and winning the league?
Crying at this. The news of Ledson is used as a legitimate reason to tag another poster in and lay the boot in, as though they're culpable for it.

Well in Ash. Well in GOT.

I was having the conversation with zat a while ago now and he was spouting that we should promote all these young players and sign united reserves etc

It is a sad thing that the gap between reserve / academy football is so big compared to the premier league. If we were a lower league team i would imagine we would have a much bigger result of players making the step up. As it happens, you can't expect a good amount of 18 and 19 year olds to be able to move from playing their peers and learning the game to playing against some of the best in the world. imagine throwing a 18 year old defender against Ibrahimovic? Or messi? or asking a young striker who isn't suddenly the best thing ever to play against experience?

what i do appeciate from the club however is the fact we are sending these young players off to have careers which is fantastic to see. They may drop a division or 2 when they start off but no arguments we are serving them well.

We do actively look to give young talent chances too, be that homegrown or brought in from lower league teams and academies (Holgate and Stones are two shinning examples). Also Galloway made a great start, stagnated a bit, and has the chance to prove himself at a fellow Premier League team. Hopefully he will kick on and come back a better player.

I guess Tom Davies has jumped ahead of Ledson, and with us looking to establish ourselves with the top 4 positioned clubs, it is becoming increasingly difficult for young players to break through. The fact that Barkley has, Stones did, and Holgate appears capable of, is testament to the job Unsworth and the rest of the youth coaching team are doing. I hope Tom Davies can earn a place too, which will be difficult with the calibre of player we are hoping to attract. He has every chance though.

Crying at this. The news of Ledson is used as a legitimate reason to tag another poster in and lay the boot in, as though they're culpable for it.

Well in Ash. Well in GOT.

In reality should just be one to wish the lad luck in and serve as a cautionary tale against over hyping young players..

We do actively look to give young talent chances too, be that homegrown or brought in from lower league teams and academies (Holgate and Stones are two shinning examples). Also Galloway made a great start, stagnated a bit, and has the chance to prove himself at a fellow Premier League team. Hopefully he will kick on and come back a better player.

I guess Tom Davies has jumped ahead of Ledson, and with us looking to establish ourselves with the top 4 positioned clubs, it is becoming increasingly difficult for young players to break through. The fact that Barkley has, Stones did, and Holgate appears capable of, is testament to the job Unsworth and the rest of the youth coaching team are doing. I hope Tom Davies can earn a place too, which will be difficult with the calibre of player we are hoping to attract. He has every chance though.

Nice to see Kenny sign a new contract too tbf

I have a similar surname, spelt slightly differently always makes me look twice. Lol. Isn't he another player who would benefit from a year in the championship?

league 1 to be fair if its oxford. echo dont seem to realise they got promoted.
plus he only turned 19 this week, he has plenty of time to make it as premier league footballer.

aye, not every player is going to go from academy to first team. But the likes of Akpan, forshaw and probably others over the years show how to forge careers instead.

To a certain extent that is true, it will be harder as we move up the league. This is why chelsea and city don't have a great amount of youngsters coming through because they need to be top quality to be able to play at that level. when we were battling relegation we had loads able to come in, but the better we get, the less you see. From a personal perspective i want to see more Coleman type things where youngsters who do impress go out and do something to stand out, and come back for a place in the squad. Give them oppertunity rather than creating a system for them. Osman was 24 before he broke into the team , so it in't like they have to be 21 or they are got rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.