Ledson to leave Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeejack

Player Valuation: £100m
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...chance-leave-11786187#rlabs=1 rt$category p$2

GettyImages-486115896_master.jpg

Ryan Ledson has been offered the chance to leave Everton on a permanent deal.

League Two sides Oxford United and Portsmouth have both registered their interest in the 19-year-old Academy product.

Ledson enjoyed a successful loan period with Cambridge United last season, making 27 appearances between November and April, and his performances have prompted Oxford and Pompey to make a move for the midfielder.

The talented teenager was part of the England under-19 squad that took part in this summer’s European Championships and is now a player in demand.

Oxford took Ledson’s Blues team-mate Jonjoe Kenny on loan last season whilst former Everton Academy player Jon Lundstram is captain at the Kassam Stadium.

Portsmouth, meanwhile, are managed by Kirkby’s Paul Cook.

Former Everton boss Roberto Martinez gave Ledson his senior debut in December 2014, starting him in the Europa League dead-rubber against Krasnodar at Goodison, but it remains his only first-team appearance.

Ledson was not involved in last night’s Everton under-23 match with Derby County in Southport.

Seems an odd one, but reading from the youth thread it did seem he'd dropped down the pecking order. Thoughts @catcherintherye?

I'm always hopefull that an academy product will kick on. It's disappointing when they don't....

Kick on

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-ledson-offered-chance-leave-11786187#rlabs=1 rt$category p$2

Seems an odd one, but reading from the youth thread it did seem he'd dropped down the pecking order. Thoughts @catcherintherye?
Seems a talented lad so hope if he does go that he uses it as a springboard, similar to seeing Adam Forshaw play in the Premier League the other night.

Personally I would have thought they would have loaned him out again but what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.