Late arrivals and early darts at Everton games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never turned up late for a game

Early darts would include

Ipswich when we were 3-0 down at half time. Dreadful performance from a dreadful team
Tranmere in the cup
Arsenal at home. Missed that AJ goal. Was in the paddock with only a t-shirt on in possibly the worse weather ever so had to escape
Coventry in the league cup in '84? 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go. Heard two roars walking back the car and we'd won 2-1
Was 50/50 about leaving when 3-0 down to United at home but we didn't.
I never leave early anymore.

The most embarrassing was Inter Bratislava away in the Cup Winners Cup in '84.
Set out on the Sunday morning by train. Stayed in London that night, Koln Monday night, Vienna Tuesday night.
Had trouble getting through the border, which was then communist Czechoslovakia and got in the ground ten minutes after kick off. Final score was 1-0 with Paul Bracewell scoring after six minutes.
Ooopps !

I remember driving up last minute for a home game against West Ham, only managing to get the afternoon off work, it was about 2.40 and my mate phoned the switchboard and told them that there were 4 coaches coming from north Wales and they were all stuck in traffic after an accident, and was the game being delayed by any chance. She said she hadn't heard anything but would get in touch with Mersey Police to discuss.

We got to the ground just after 3.15 and as I looked up at the scoreboard, we realised the game had only kicked off 2 minutes earlier!! I have no idea whether our phone call was the reason or not!!!

Earliest time technically was that 11am KO Man City game in 2005!

Like many - never left a game early, and that paid dividends when I saw us claw back 2 goals in stoppage time to draw 3-3 with United. That game cemented the fact that leaving early is never an option.

Got in the Norwich game, 1st game of last season 20 mins late. Coach broke down on the motorway new one didn't arrive till gone 10....

Leave early all the time...

Earliest I left a game was about an hour before kick-off. Was sitting on a barrier for F A cup match v Altrincham, must have been about 1973, a mate tried to climb on the barrier, dragged me backwards and I broke my wrist. Missed a terrible 1-1 draw

Always late as my niece is the slowest walker in the world and even when we leave early she still manages to hold us up, do not leave early (I always thought it was against the law?), but did chuckle a few seasons back when we got that late winner against arsenal and laughed even more when the ones leaving early rushed back in, too see what exactly!!!!

Even when we are gash as I am an old git I just moan even more but stay until the bitter end..................

For me mate, that's cutting it fine

I'm normally someone who likes to get to places early

@Allezfan can attest to this

Come to think of it, I seem to remember cutting it fine before the Spurs away game actually

Yeah, Spurs away we were running to the stadium, like. Slightly underestimated the walk from seven sisters.

Left our 2 mates miles behind, an all.

Made it alright in the end, though.

Like many - never left a game early, and that paid dividends when I saw us claw back 2 goals in stoppage time to draw 3-3 with United. That game cemented the fact that leaving early is never an option.

Spurs 2-1 was another.

Damn glad I didn't leave early.

Mind I also haven't left early for plenty of games where we were losing with 5 minutes to go and we ended up losing.

Yeah, Spurs away we were running to the stadium, like. Slightly underestimated the walk from seven sisters.

Left our 2 mates miles behind, an all.

Made it alright in the end, though.

Spurs 2-1 was another.

Damn glad I didn't leave early.

Mind I also haven't left early for plenty of games where we were losing with 5 minutes to go and we ended up losing.

horrible walk that

Status
Not open for further replies.