Late arrivals and early darts at Everton games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earliest arrival for a game was my first ever game. 3-2 against the mancs where Nevin scored a sublime chip. In fact we played them off the park until Whiteside got injured for us. Anyways got that at about 11am, so 4 hours before kick off and it was actually already getting a bit busy ( street end ) if I remember correctly. Quality game.

Made it into the ground just in time to see Naismith celebrating his 1st of 3 in Hibbo's testimonial.

Latest was recently, last season against City away, 35 mins in when we walked in Fellaini had just scored. Earliest 60 mins in against the 3-0 Wigan game, they werent bothered so I werent. But I leave early sometimes to avoid traffic and if the games well wrapped up.

I remember arriving 10 minutes late for a game due to traffic about 15 years ago. Might have been City but i'm not sure. Anyway we scored just as i entered the stadium, never saw the goal only the celebration and as luck would have it the game finished a turgid 1-0. After a 100 mile journey as well ffs

Last edited:

Not Everton, but when I watch Perth Glory, I usually get to the ground about half an hour before kick off, I hate being late for anything. Always stay till the end.
One game I was playing in, I turned up 5 minutes before the final whistle - coach told me it was a 3:00 kick off but it was actually 1:00.

Surprised there's been no shouts for the cup tie against Tranmere. All the ale houses were packed when I walked out after 60 mins. Lasted about 5 minutes more for the Wigan game last year.
I applaud you lads who stay to the bitter end but when we're that bad I just cba and get off for a pint.

Got in to an FA Cup 6th round replay against Southampton around 1980 after 90 minutes when they opened the gates before extra time started, having spent the game in the blue house because we were locked out. Eamon O'Keefe scored the winner in extra time. Does that count? Only time I've left early was 1-4 v Leeds in a league cup tie, and 0-2 at home to Coventry in the Mike Walker era. When you have Coventry fans singing "going down", you know things are bad.

Always there on time, left the utd game a few years ago 10 mins early to go to a wedding and miss the 2 goals that made it 3.3. Heard the first roar as I turned onto Walton lane and by the time I reached the taxi club it was 3.3. Must admit miss a few goal on HT due to going down 5mins early for a piss.

Never understood people leaving early to be honest... see people leaving all the time at a goal or two down, with a few minutes still to play.

At that point, my thinking is, i've suffered through so much of this match already, I'll be damned if i'm giving up that TINY chance of witnessing something really special!

Surprised there's been no shouts for the cup tie against Tranmere. All the ale houses were packed when I walked out after 60 mins. Lasted about 5 minutes more for the Wigan game last year.
I applaud you lads who stay to the bitter end but when we're that bad I just cba and get off for a pint.
Haha I did the same that day mate. Ranks with forest at home at a similar time as me worst ever everton performance

What's the latest you've ever arrived for an Everton match, either home or away?

And what's the earliest dart you've made from a game, and why?

Or even, vice versa - earliest arrival and latest departure from the ground?

I'm normally on time, well before kick off, but the latest I've ever arrived was probably about 15 minutes into the home game vs Arsenal back in 1989. I was only a kid at the time and I remember getting stuck in traffic near the Rocket. Me and my dad ran like hell down Goodison Road to get in.

Earliest dart was probably about 10 minutes from the end of our home game vs Bolton back in late 2005. We went 0-4 down and I just had enough, so annoyed and angry with how shambolic we were. Bad fan me la!

I'm not normally super early or anything, but I do remember getting in the ground for 1:30pm, as soon as the gates opened, for the Wimbledon game in 1994. That was a crazy day.

How about you, any tales?

that is the only match i left early from what a crap match that wee bald git scored the 4th i think, two fellas in the upper gwladys ended up in a digging match arguing about the match it was a bad day

mini bus broke down on way to Charlton a few years ago. got there at half time 0-0. 2nd half saw Duncan get sent off and lose the game 2-0 I think. happy days.

Never understood people leaving early to be honest... see people leaving all the time at a goal or two down, with a few minutes still to play.

At that point, my thinking is, i've suffered through so much of this match already, I'll be damned if i'm giving up that TINY chance of witnessing something really special!

I couldn't believe how many people left before the end of the Palace game - yes, we were gash (although I've seen us a lot worse), but it was one of those where you felt it was down to the crowd to suck it in. Not only were people leaving but they were seeing their backsides over us being behind - for the second(?! I think) time all season, we might be about to lose a game at home.

It was similar when we beat Birmingham away with that horrible pink strip a few years back, they had been on a great run but they boo'ed them off the pitch for getting beat by a top six team.

I just don't get some peoples expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.