Late arrivals and early darts at Everton games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I left a game early was when Rooney scored that wonder goal against Arsenal at Goodison. Dashing out to get a lift with a mate to the RL final at Old Trafford that evening.
As I walked past the Dixie Dean statue, Bill Kenwright was waiting there - also for a lift I assume - and we heard a tremendous roar. Bill said something along the lines of "Never leave a game early, we always score when I do that".

Drank a little too much before one game and ended up in the upper bullens instead of the paddock. The game had started so me and my mate grabbed a couple of empty seats and told a steward at half time, who let us downstairs. Only like 5 minutes late, I remember running straightish to the ground while I could hear Z-cars booming

I was living in Sth London in 76 and left WHL 10 mins early with Spurs leading 2-1. My older brother wanted to get on the tube before the rush and Everton never looked like scoring another.
Outside the ground, a taxi driver asked the score and I said Spurs have wonit and he started whooping in delight. That night, watching MOTD we were both stunned when the match ended 3-3!!!
I vowed never to leave early again. . But at least I got some satisfaction thinking of that Hackney cab driving Spurs fan finding out the final score lol (he must have cursed me)

...As I walked past the Dixie Dean statue, Bill Kenwright was waiting there - also for a lift I assume - and we heard a tremendous roar. Bill said something along the lines of "Never leave a game early, we always score when I do that".

You should end that anecdote with

"...and then we kissed"

we can regularly be found hunting for a taxi at ten to 3 on Dale Street after a pre-match pint in Rigbys, usually get to our seats just after kick off to much seething from everyone in our row in the top balc.

man city this year i lasted about a minute, united 3-3 game i got off at 3-1 spurs game when jelavic scored last min i got off at 1-0, andy johnson volley v arsenal i had just got outside the ground an he scored mcfadden volly v charlton was the same. I could name hundreds of these

Status
Not open for further replies.