Late arrivals and early darts at Everton games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest I've got to the match was just as Z cars was coming on in one of the early kick offs this season.
Earliest I've got to the match would be Wembley against the [Poor language removed] in 2012, got in a good hour an a half before kick off.

Earliest I've left the match woulf be about 10 mins before the end against West Brom at Goodison a few years ago when they scored their 4th.
I always like hanging on for a bit at the end when we've won or palyed well to see the whole team off and if its a good win to sing GOT!

Last edited:
Missed 25 mins of a game a few years back vs Chelsea, one of them early Sunday games around Walters time, was weird running up county road and you could hear the game, didnt miss anything that day.
Had to leave our stoke game this season to go Manchester Airport to pick someone up, they flew in around the time of the kick off but made them wait haha, left after the 4th so didnt miss too much, saying that i only left with about 20 mins to go or something, ive seen people do that just to go the pub when were not playing so great. Was pretty much on the M62 for the final whistle.
Left Anfield this year when the 4th went in, like most of us, other than that never been into leaving, you might only get one or two amazing endings to the game a season but they are always worth staying for

Latest was Forest away, approx 8 minutes late due to traffic. Think Collymore scored the bad beaut and we got beat 2-1. Never left a game early in my life, I'm a firm believer that if Everton haven't put a shift in then I will always make it be known that I wasn't satisfied. Same if we win, give them a clap, sing some boss songs and enjoy the moment.

What's the latest you've ever arrived for an Everton match, either home or away?

And what's the earliest dart you've made from a game, and why?

Or even, vice versa - earliest arrival and latest departure from the ground?

I'm normally on time, well before kick off, but the latest I've ever arrived was probably about 15 minutes into the home game vs Arsenal back in 1989. I was only a kid at the time and I remember getting stuck in traffic near the Rocket. Me and my dad ran like hell down Goodison Road to get in.

Earliest dart was probably about 10 minutes from the end of our home game vs Bolton back in late 2005. We went 0-4 down and I just had enough, so annoyed and angry with how shambolic we were. Bad fan me la!

I'm not normally super early or anything, but I do remember getting in the ground for 1:30pm, as soon as the gates opened, for the Wimbledon game in 1994. That was a crazy day.

How about you, any tales?

25 minutes in. Early dart.

Preseason friendly. Martinez first one.

Nephew had broke his arm and had to go help his mum at A+E

Came late to the first home game in 03 I think against Fulham missed Gary Naismiths goal in the first 10 mins, and the one and only time av ever left early was lescotts last game against arsenal missed one or maybe two of there goals as well.

I turned up about an hour late for the fulham game where Yak scored a hattrick, I'd been on a works do down south and got back to Rainford about 3.30, drove to Old Roan to get the train then legged it from Kirkdale to the ground with a bad hangover - I genuinely have no idea why I thought I'd be able to get in so late. Walked round the ground but there was no one anywhere to let me in, just as I was leaving we scored, it's an odd feeling being outside the ground hearing a goal go in. I just got into my seat for the 2009 final, just got my butt in the seat when Saha scored.

Fifteen or twenty minutes late in at West Ham in the early/mid nineties courtesy of the closed/single turnstile routine. I think this was during Mike Walkers glorious reign so I didn't miss much. I think we won but were still awful. Never left early, I paid so I want every pennies worth. I'm a bit tight fisted.

Been late twice at away grounds, the first time the train was held up going to Highbury, the day Wayne Clarke scored the lob over Lukic, 86/87, was just going through the turnstiles at the time it went in ( about 25mins in ) Then going to Crystal Palace when Charlton played there, the coach driver took us to Crystal Palace athletics ground instead, didn't miss a goal but we won 1-0, think either Sharp or Mike Newell scored ( late 80's I think ). Never been late for a home game, only live just over a mile from Goodison thankfully.

I've left early a couple of times when its nailed we'll win (two or three goals up with minutes remaining). Never arrived late, I'm a proper early bird.

I did leave early for Drenthe's goal v Norwich, though. I was beyond frustrated with that game. I could hear the ground erupt walking up Walton Road.

Latest I've got to a game was the QF with Boro in 09, me and my mates got to our seats just as the teams were about to come out
Earliest I've got to a game was the Fiorentina one, just to take in the atmosphere around the ground that night
I've only ever left a game early twice, after the 3rd against Tranmere in 2001 and in Stoppage time v Metalist, though the final whistle went anyway just as I got downstairs to the exit (made the dart so I could get a bus into town to meet my mates from work)

Left around 70 minute mark during that Wigan game.

And speaking of late arrivals, every bloody game the same lot in my row always arrive late, go early for a HT pint, arrive late for kick off and leave just before FT. Gets right on my nerves.

every bloody game the same lot in my row always arrive late, go early for a HT pint, arrive late for kick off and leave just before FT. Gets right on my nerves.

I've got a few by me like that. I don't get it at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.