Lack of pace in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo.jpg

I do think we need more pace though bringing in. As much as we can set up to control games, sometimes it is better to be able to move the ball quickly and take advantage of the chance to

If you look at where we were under Bobby, our best chances came when we sat back and hit teams on the break. Pace in the team was critical in that kind of set up. I genuinely think Koeman is building a team that he expects to control the game and let the opposition do all the running.

That being said, the window ain't closed and Moshi is throwing money about so who knows what will happen.

So you're saying we're signing bale and neymar? Is right

Still have lookman and bolasie who are lightning. Mirallas is still reasonably quick. But given the loss of rom and deulofeu I'd like to see another quick attacker brought in, so the counterattack is still viable.

Best not to worry too much about who we have and who we're bringing in. Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri have got this - relax, have a beer in the garden and look forward to the next reveal video to be released ;)

Im concerned about the lack of pace and aside from Bolasie, our other pacey players probably wont be regulars (Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon).

But on the other hand, there is no point having loads of pace on the counter if players arnt intelligent enough to make the right runs, or play the right pass etc, which we have seen over the last year or so. The players we are bringing in have less pace but more intelligence so im 50-50 on it.

I think it's important to have at least 1 pacy forward in a side.
If the opposition don't need to fear the ball in behind then they can defend differently and compact all the space you're trying to play through.
Interested if any one can think of a modern era great team with no pace in the attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.