2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty with the fee is he is probably worth an awful lot to us. He fits our team, brings the best out of Michael Keane and has settled in. There will be a healthy premium we are prepared to pay for those things.

It's hard to believe he is only 24. I think he could go on to be one of the leading defenders in the league if he stays here with us. To me he doesn't really have any weaknesses. In truth I'm amazed Chelsea have disregarded him, as a back 3 of Zouma, Rudiger and Christensen could become one of the best in Europe if they built an understanding.

Chelsea have a dilemma really. If we will go above 30 this is likely to be optimum value for them by some distance. If he sits around in and out of there team for another season, you can guarantee next summer the figures being bandied about will be around half that, or they will be back to loaning him out. They are now a pretty well run club, and I think, in spite of the difficulties in the market they will look at things and say 30+ million now is just too good to turn down. As has been said they have the likes of Hector they can bring back to be cover and Tomori will likely feature under Lampard. They also then have Christensen, Luiz and Rudiger all ahead of that, so they are hardly short of options.

I rarely pause my own choons for stuff posted on here, but this is just a goddamn classic number. Thank you for this, it's made my night.

On topic, reckon we'll land him then? I'd personally sing this at half time on day one on the half way line if we did.

Word for word biatches.

"and you came back to meeeeeee......."

There cb options atm are rudiger, luiz, Christensen, tomori and zouma. So somebody has to go.

If lampard comes in we know he really likes tomori, rudiger will be first team cb and luiz has just signed a contract so he isn't going anywhere.

So that leaves zouma and Christensen for that other cb spot. I know from what I've seen the Chelsea fans rate Christensen ahead of zouma but don't know how lampard will rate them. There's no worry with there contracts as zoumas runs out in 2023 and Christensens runs out in 2022. It might come down to who pushes hardest to leave and who's promised what when it comes to playing time.

I think if zouma is told he's not a first teamer, with him just getting back in the France squad and euros 2020 coming next summer he might just push through a move. Also at this moment in time I can see him having a higher price tag then Christensen.

There my thoughts on it anyway.

I thought £15-20mil then after the 17 day break said id expect up to £25mil.

Massively inconsistent and Barca want rid.

Tbf to him mate he played like 19 games in a row, didn’t have a proper pre-season with injury, first season in England. I reckon it was fatigue that caused his dip before that 17 day break.

When he came back into the side fresh he was superb, Fulham aside of course.

Inappropriate Language
Always thought if we can't bag Zouma then we should go for Nathan Ake. Not sure but for some reason he has a rare ability to look good while his team concede a [Poor language removed] load of goals. Reminds me a bit of meself when I was younger, delighted with my performance apart from the bit where the guy I was marking scored a hat-rick.

A thought...Mina is still pretty raw, but he has the highest upside of any of our defenders and maybe players. He's the best CB we have with his feet and the biggest set piece threat. I don't think he's any worse than Zouma now - maybe just a bit - but his potential is insane. I personally think he should play. He'll make some mistakes, but he should make enough positive plays to make up the difference.

We still need a CB, but maybe spending 40M on Kurt Zouma isn't the best use of our resources. I like the idea of getting a good young CB that can develop and play if someone goes down and think a player like Diego Llorente in theory fits the bill. There are others out there.

I also could see us bringing in an older veteran to lead the group, but we already dumped Jagielka, so that's less than likely.

A thought...Mina is still pretty raw, but he has the highest upside of any of our defenders and maybe players. He's the best CB we have with his feet and the biggest set piece threat. I don't think he's any worse than Zouma now - maybe just a bit - but his potential is insane. I personally think he should play. He'll make some mistakes, but he should make enough positive plays to make up the difference.

We still need a CB, but maybe spending 40M on Kurt Zouma isn't the best use of our resources. I like the idea of getting a good young CB that can develop and play if someone goes down and think a player like Diego Llorente in theory fits the bill. There are others out there.

I also could see us bringing in an older veteran to lead the group, but we already dumped Jagielka, so that's less than likely.

I think the Zouma/Keane partnership is very effective and masks Keanes glaring weaknesses.

I by far favour the type of player Zouma is than Keane or Mina (who i rate).

The priority has to be Zouma and if that fails we need to go for a carbon copy with greater upside...like one of the two leipzig french u21 centre backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.