2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Zouma/Keane partnership is very effective and masks Keanes glaring weaknesses.

I by far favour the type of player Zouma is than Keane or Mina (who i rate).

The priority has to be Zouma and if that fails we need to go for a carbon copy with greater upside...like one of the two leipzig french u21 centre backs.
You know either of those two are going to be beyond Zouma's price. Konate is like 70M at a minimum, and not sure why they'd sell him for that.

Keane concerns me because I don't think he's that great. Mina concerns me that while I think he has world class potential, he's not there yet. But if I have my choice, I'd like a bit quicker a CB that can pass a ball a bit to help break down the poor teams we need to be taking 3 points from. A new CF and some better options at the forwards position would help, too.

You know either of those two are going to be beyond Zouma's price. Konate is like 70M at a minimum, and not sure why they'd sell him for that.

Keane concerns me because I don't think he's that great. Mina concerns me that while I think he has world class potential, he's not there yet. But if I have my choice, I'd like a bit quicker a CB that can pass a ball a bit to help break down the poor teams we need to be taking 3 points from. A new CF and some better options at the forwards position would help, too.

I cant see Konate being £70mil+.

Their model relies on buying players cheaply and turning them into high value assets.

My guess would be £40-50mil for either him or Upamecano. Then they go and sign anothef couple of players from France with high potential.

In any case, they fit the supposed model, big fees but not insane salaries...

Theyre only playing in Germany and the France u21 side but those two seem to be a better pairing than any of our current partnerships (if Zouma signs)...

[QUOTE="CRIMHEAD, post: 7089879, ]

I also could see us bringing in an older veteran to lead the group, but we already dumped Jagielka, so that's less than likely.
[/QUOTE]

Which one is it oh master of stats and covering all bases?

And congratulations on predicting, seeing a scenario and then dismissing it as unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
A thought...Mina is still pretty raw, but he has the highest upside of any of our defenders and maybe players. He's the best CB we have with his feet and the biggest set piece threat. I don't think he's any worse than Zouma now - maybe just a bit - but his potential is insane. I personally think he should play. He'll make some mistakes, but he should make enough positive plays to make up the difference.

We still need a CB, but maybe spending 40M on Kurt Zouma isn't the best use of our resources. I like the idea of getting a good young CB that can develop and play if someone goes down and think a player like Diego Llorente in theory fits the bill. There are others out there.

I also could see us bringing in an older veteran to lead the group, but we already dumped Jagielka, so that's less than likely.
But Zouma is a good young CB. Infact he is over a year younger than Llorente.

Zooma - hope he signs. Him and Gomez and maintain Gay in midfield and it's a good spine to the team. Need to replace Carlton-Lewis up front but as long as Burnhard and Richardson keep performing we'll be ok. Goes without saying that Dinyay and Colman should remain as our wing backs, and Pickfort, Keen and Sigurson deffo should be kept as starters.

As has been said they have the likes of Hector they can bring back to be cover and Tomori will likely feature under Lampard. They also then have Christensen, Luiz and Rudiger all ahead of that, so they are hardly short of options.
There cb options atm are rudiger, luiz, Christensen, tomori and zouma. So somebody has to go.

Ampadu who played quite a few games for them in midfield last season is primarily a CB too. They have plenty of options.

I

But Zouma is a good young CB. Infact he is over a year younger than Llorente.
No question, but he'd be expensive and not a ball playing CB. He's quick for his size, but not amazing in space. Llorente would be much cheaper. Doesn't have to be Llorente, I just think Zouma will be super expensive and he's not any better than Mina IMO. Rather spend the money elsewhere.

It's no wonder he wants to join us. He's got 4 years left on his contract at Chelsea earning 40k a week. He knows he could more than double that if he gets a move.

That’s a good point, hadn't thought of it like that, if he goes back to Chelsea and says “it’s the Euro’s next summer I need to play every week, at Everton I will pay and they will pay me 100k a week, can you match this?” They probably won’t be able/willing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.