2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lampard wants him he will stay.
If the manager chooses to keep him he’s hardly gonna leave a top 4 team with CL footy to battle for 7-10 here. If he’s made to feel wanted.

Him and Mina were the ones being rotated for each other last season.

It’s win win either way for Chelsea. If they sell they get 30m for a player who flopped there and has been sent on loan twice.

If Lampard wants him he will stay.
If the manager chooses to keep him he’s hardly gonna leave a top 4 team with CL footy to battle for 7-10 here. If he’s made to feel wanted.

Him and Mina were the ones being rotated for each other last season.

It’s win win either way for Chelsea. If they sell they get 30m for a player who flopped there and has been sent on loan twice.
Did he really flop? He played 47 games spread over 3 seasons. Aged 19 to 22. How many defenders at that age are playing regularly for top 4 sides.

That’s like saying Christensen flopped , who played a lot more games 17/18 season than last season and probably only got games at the end of the season because of Rudiger injury.

Doesn’t mean he’s not a good player just means the new manger didn’t fancy him. And that’s quite common with young defenders.

And for the record I think Zouma would genuinely be a great signing, but I don’t think it’s as one sided as others on this forum are claiming

Yeah and i cant see him deciding in the first 10 days or so either, so what does Brands do, hang on until a fortnight before the season starts to find out before we go elsewhere, its a awkward one this, just got to hope Mina is fully fit and ready in case we cant get him
Doubt it will be Lampard making the decision.

As somebody else pointed out, he isnt fighting with 6 people at Chelsea.

Luiz and Christensen are their only 2 fit proven CBs currently, the rest are unproven yoots and injured people like Rudiger.

Its like saying he would have to fight for a place with Feeney, Pennington, Gibson and Galloway here.
Its a difficult decision for him, stay at chelsea where it's likely the best chance hes going to get of breaking into their team. But if he doesnt get into their team he risks his place in the France squad next year. Or come here, less competition for places but not as much chance of winning pots as chelsea. Either way I think he will have to make an active decision rather than wait and see what happens at chelsea. Lampard isnt going to know his strongest team until end of preseason and at the least will be happy to keep zouma in his squad just for depth. Tranfer window closing early this year doesnt help us either as zouma isnt going to know if hes a guaranteed starter at chelsea until close to the season starting. Hope we get it done but bit pessimistic on this one tbh.

That could mean we will not sign him.

I'd expect a new manager to look at all the players he has available to see which ones fit best with how he wants to play. If Zouma shines then he could make it into their top 3 CBs where at least he is having a crack at the first team.

If that happens he stays. Let's hope he is surplus to requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.