2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will only start to speed up either way once lampard is announced - hopefully this week.

I dont care if we have to wait until the end of the window just to get him. But we need to know ASAP whether they are willing to sell as we will need to move on.

This will only start to speed up either way once lampard is announced - hopefully this week.

I dont care if we have to wait until the end of the window just to get him. But we need to know ASAP whether they are willing to sell as we will need to move on.
I think Lampard will use him tbh, Had a good season with us and still young and throw in the transfer ban, It just makes sense tbh

I think Lampard will use him tbh, Had a good season with us and still young and throw in the transfer ban, It just makes sense tbh

Agree he will get used, but will it be as a main starter or the odd Carabao cup game.

Can you see him being happy to sit on the bench waiting for his chance when he has just played football for 2 seasons, got superb reviews towards the end of last season which seen him get called back up to the French team, only to go back to the bench? I think if Lampard cant promise him he will be 1st choice then he will want off.

Think it will depend on how much he will agitate for a move, players have a massive say these days and if he doesnt want to be at the club there are others there he could look to develop, CAS thing will play a part, the players wishes, the potential improvement in wage on offer, the fact the Euros are on and he is in the France line up - he wont want to be sitting on any bench.

Personally i think the chances are very strong, i think CAS will over turn their ban at least temporally, i think its more to do with Uefa trying to smash their loan system anything, so they have a strong chance with CAS.

Overall if we miss out id move on to suit ourselves, hes good with potential and a good addition but not a great one, still think Yerry Mina is the real top talent.

It's possible, but Chelsea have Luiz and Rudiger established as the first choice pairing

They also have Christansen who is highly rated and did well at times under Conte

I'd argue you need 4 centre halves - Lampard had Tomori at Derby on loan last season and gave him 40 games. It's possible that he might have him as one of the four centre backs this season, especially with Azpilacueta able to cover in that role too

Equally I could see Zouma staying there if Lampard likes him, because he's good enough to start IMO - I don't think either Rudiger or Luiz are much bettter than him at all.

It's possible, but Chelsea have Luiz and Rudiger established as the first choice pairing

They also have Christansen who is highly rated and did well at times under Conte

I'd argue you need 4 centre halves - Lampard had Tomori at Derby on loan last season and gave him 40 games. It's possible that he might have him as one of the four centre backs this season, especially with Azpilacueta able to cover in that role too

Equally I could see Zouma staying there if Lampard likes him, because he's good enough to start IMO - I don't think either Rudiger or Luiz are much bettter than him at all.

Chelsea’s last two managers have both thought they were. In fact he’s now been at the club for 5 years and has gotten no closer to breaking into the first team in that time.

still think Yerry Mina is the real top talent.
Me too. But Zouma is the ideal foil for him. Centre back is as much about partnerships as it is individual ability. Keane is a great back up to have too. Can't under estimate how much he impressed me last season after his poor showing the season before.

Given that we started last season with 2 new CBs, a new system of defending set pieces, and had to cope with Mina's injuries, to actually finish with the 4th best defensive record was a great tribute to the players.

Pretty certain we'll see a big improvement again this season if we can keep hold of the same personnel.

Think it will depend on how much he will agitate for a move, players have a massive say these days and if he doesnt want to be at the club there are others there he could look to develop, CAS thing will play a part, the players wishes, the potential improvement in wage on offer, the fact the Euros are on and he is in the France line up - he wont want to be sitting on any bench.

Personally i think the chances are very strong, i think CAS will over turn their ban at least temporally, i think its more to do with Uefa trying to smash their loan system anything, so they have a strong chance with CAS.

Overall if we miss out id move on to suit ourselves, hes good with potential and a good addition but not a great one, still think Yerry Mina is the real top talent.

Last thing I read was that Chelsea werent appealing.

Chelsea’s last two managers have both thought they were. In fact he’s now been at the club for 5 years and has gotten no closer to breaking into the first team in that time.

That's not really true at all.

2015/16 he was practically an ever-present under Mourinho and Hiddink. Played 23 league games until he did his ACL in the February

Surprised me that Conte didn't fancy him, but maybe he didn't suit the three centre backs system they had and/or perhaps he took a while to get back to peak level after the ACL injury. But maybe Conte just didn't rate him. Who knows?

Not much of a surprise that Sarri didn't like him though, given the way Sarri sides play.

That's not really true at all.

2015/16 he was practically an ever-present under Mourinho and Hiddink. Played 23 league games until he did his ACL in the February

Surprised me that Conte didn't fancy him, but maybe he didn't suit the three centre backs system they had and/or perhaps he took a while to get back to peak level after the ACL injury. But maybe Conte just didn't rate him. Who knows?

Not much of a surprise that Sarri didn't like him though, given the way Sarri sides play.

That was a disastrous season for them where they were about 15th at Christmas, if Zouma was playing every game then it probably didn’t do him any favours in terms of his chances of being a first teamer from that point on.

Personally I think his ship has sailed at Chelsea and he’ll never be a regular for them. He needs a fresh start, if it hasn’t happened by now chances are it’s not going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.