2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a disastrous season for them where they were about 15th at Christmas, if Zouma was playing every game then it probably didn’t do him any favours in terms of his chances of being a first teamer from that point on.

Personally I think his ship has sailed at Chelsea and he’ll never be a regular for them. He needs a fresh start, if it hasn’t happened by now chances are it’s not going to.

You may well be right, but you said he'd never come close to being a regular in 5 years. I was merely correcting you.

Last thing I read was that Chelsea werent appealing.
They have appealed to CAS, but for some reason haven't requested that the ban be frozen/suspended until the case has been heard, which will not be until after the window closes. I think the feeling is that they are hoping that the ban will be cut to one window (as they did with Madrid), which means they can operate again during the January transfer window. If they ask for the ban to be frozen, then they think they will still be faced with a 2 window ban, just kicked a bit further down the road.

I think they can still request CAS to support freezing the ban, especially now they know for certain that the case will not be heard until after the English window closes. I'm not sure what jurisdiction CAS has in this, but if they request FIFA to comply then they'd be hard pushed to say no given Barca were given this same privilege recently.

I suspect Chelsea are deferring a decision on this until the new manager is appointed, and give him the option of a 1 window ban now, or a 2 window ban further down the road.

It certainly doesn't help us in our pursuit of Zouma.

They have appealed to CAS, but for some reason haven't requested that the ban be frozen/suspended until the case has been heard, which will not be until after the window closes. I think the feeling is that they are hoping that the ban will be cut to one window (as they did with Madrid), which means they can operate again during the January transfer window. If they ask for the ban to be frozen, then they think they will still be faced with a 2 window ban, just kicked a bit further down the road.

I think they can still request CAS to support freezing the ban, especially now they know for certain that the case will not be heard until after the English window closes. I'm not sure what jurisdiction CAS has in this, but if they request FIFA to comply then they'd be hard pushed to say no given Barca were given this same privilege recently.

I suspect Chelsea are deferring a decision on this until the new manager is appointed, and give him the option of a 1 window ban now, or a 2 window ban further down the road.

It certainly doesn't help us in our pursuit of Zouma.

A lot will depend on Kurt too.

If he desperately wants to come I think the deal will happen.

Lampard strikes me as a sensible lad, and I think he’ll see the value in keeping Zouma around. Just have to hope he really rates the lad he had at Derby last season and chooses to keep him instead...
That would have been a better prospect if Tomori and Clarke-Salter hadn’t been rubbish at the U21 Euros. I’d love us to get Zouma permanently but I just can’t see it happening

That would have been a better prospect if Tomori and Clarke-Salter hadn’t been rubbish at the U21 Euros. I’d love us to get Zouma permanently but I just can’t see it happening
Surely Lampard would put more stock in the day to day training and 40 odd games he saw first hand last season than a junior summer tournament.

Financial considerations may also play a part. Abramovich seems to have tightened the purse strings in recent seasons and Lampard may need to build a war chest from sales for when he will be able to sign players.
If he intends to play Zouma then it makes sense to keep him but if he is only seen as a back up defender who could be sold for a substantial sum then it would make sense to transfer him.

£35m-£45m ha as if, if that's true, we'll be walking away.

We paid 30 for Keane and Mina. Zouma is about the same level so Chelsea could realistically demand that fee. I think it’s too much and I think we paid too much for the other two as well but if that’s the going rate to get a decent centreback and we have the money then so be it. It’s a lot better than choosing between Williams Jags and Mangala.

£35m-£45m ha as if, if that's true, we'll be walking away.
What do you think he true value is? He’s still young for a CB. And with the prices for AWB and Maguire getting priced at 80mil(he’s not worth that) but when that’s the market what do you expect Chelsea to ask for.

I think 40 is probably fair with add ons, we will have a CB for 7/8 yrs who will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.