2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly a risk for him to return to a club that demands success, but has now lost it's best player by a mile, has an aging squad and is looking to employ a manager based on emotional attachment.
Not that it matters much in the scheme of things but when he was doing the walk round at the end of the season and the Park End chanted his name he seemed to swell with pride , admittedly who wouldn’t . Sometimes it’s such seemingly small things that can make a difference.

I'm very surprised Chelsea are giving this the go ahead!
They may not be,it may be that reporter jumping the Gun hoping what he reports even if wrong ends up right,Lampard if him or whoever,maybe want to talk to him,or the other way around Zouma may have asked for the Everton move not caring who the new boss may be as he was happy and settled at Everton and wants here

The news yesterday that Rudiger won’t start the season just made it harder.

When it say Everton have opened talks I wonder what that really means. If talks mean Chelsea have hinted/ stated they will listen to offers then it’s going to be way north of £25 million
In that case - ABORT.
£25 Million or avoid
Hopefully you’re correct and Chelsea get laughed out of town as soon as they try to go above £30m.

In a window where Maguire is getting linked for £70-90m if we can get zouma for less the £35m that would he amazing business.

Personally I think we'll be looking at around £40m Mark and I think he'll be worth it. I can't stress how important it is for us to have the same starting 11 at the beginning of the season that we had at the end of the last one. We need to hit the ground running this season. This could be the best chance of us getting top four for a while. We need to take advantage of the fact arsenal, chelsea and Manchester United are all in a state of flux.

Chelsea had a centre half on loan with derby last season who was highly rated so maybe Lampard thinks he is up to it for Chelsea
Fikayo Tomori - he got Derby's player of the year

I'd go up to £40m for Kurt. Got to remember he was VERY highly rated as a youngster, only after that bad injury his stock dropped, we've seen it from Jags, you can recover from them injuries and come back the same player and Kurt is young enough that we could get a decade out if him if he keeps his discipline. Absolutely

Keeping him and Gomes would be top business. I literally can't even guess what the figure could be. He's good enough for them to demand £40m for him especially at his age, but with Brands involved it could easily be £25m.

I'd be happy with paying whatever fee for him. He's clearly highly rated by the France national set up which says it all and he was key in what was a top class defence for the final third of the season. I think any player involved in the France side is worth £30-40m easily with how high their stock is right now.

My gut feeling says he'll be staying at Chelsea because they'd be silly to sell him right now, but at least we're getting stuck in to try and sign him early on.

Take away the Everton bias - rudiger is a fantastic centre back. He’s better than zouma and any other centre backs we have.

Rudiger stats last season

Zouma stats last season

Attachments

• 1561057503669.png
    1561057503669.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 43

Status
Not open for further replies.