2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it’s not really the same at all because Van Dijk is worth every penny of the £75m fee and Kurt Zouma is not worth the stupid fees being talked about here. Plus we don’t have Liverpool money to throw around, we tried showing off by throwing silly fees around one time and look what happened.
But was he worth the £75m fee when he signed. Agree though, anything over £30m and we should walk away. Anything lower and I hope we play ball. Very good defender already and still a lot of potential growth left with him.

I don't think anything will happen on this till Lampard is announced as manager, then I would expect him to sit down with their director of football and chief executive and go through any transfer offers they have had. I think they have had some offers for Willian as well

If the form he showed to the end of last season is the start of his growth then I'd be very pleased, but for most of the season I was hardly bothered that he would return to Chelsea.

Mina and Zouma would be our best partnership imo.

But was he worth the £75m fee when he signed. Agree though, anything over £30m and we should walk away. Anything lower and I hope we play ball. Very good defender already and still a lot of potential growth left with him.

I think he deffo was, proved to be one of the very best in the world pretty much immediately after he went there.

I think a lot hinges on Lampard. No deal will be done until he is the manager & I'm sure he will want to have a good look at him first because of thier transfer ban.
This could take a while & i don't think we have the time to wait when we need 2 centre backs this window.
In an ideal world we sign him in the next 2 weeks for no more than £40m (high but we know him) but if it drags then this should be seen as plan B & we look at others immediately.

Lampard will know enough already and will already have decided whether the player can leave.

I know.

But he knows Chelsea. I just can't imagine he's walking in there wanting a look at players.
Still a new manager & this job will define his future. Flop & it's back to the lower tiers, Fly & he's a top tier boss. If it was me i would want to make sure i did my job thoroughly.

Still a new manager & this job will define his future. Flop & it's back to the lower tiers, Fly & he's a top tier boss. If it was me i would want to make sure i did my job thoroughly.

Lampard would be better off hanging around Derby for a while, then move to West Ham. Has far closer ties with them, no matter what the internet says.

But on Zooms; something concrete been said/tweeted? Or the normal white noise?

Not gonna lie I’m a bit scared of what this fee is going to end up being.

40m - 45m would be my guess.

He is in the French national side, the current best in the World.

I think he could be fabulous here. He needs to be starting games consistently and is not guaranteed that with Chelsea.

Zouma, Keane and Mina gives us a solid CD for the future. Hopefully we uncover an unknown too as we need 4 with Jags going.

Status
Not open for further replies.