Zouma on loan?

• Yes

Votes: 500 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree it’s disappointing. We could be faced with having a cracking centre back partnership, and end up losing both at the end of the season.

But, I genuinely think we’ve landed a cracking DOF that clearly knows what he’s doing. We now have 12 months before potentially losing them so I’ve no doubt contingency plans will be put in place over the coming months to identify central defenders that who knows, could potentially be even better.

At least if Barca recall Mina, we’ll get our dough back to spend on replacements.

I really want to give Keane more of a chance. He's got a clean slate this season as far as I'm concerned, nobody came out of last season smelling like roses. Keane smelt particularly bad, but still

I think the new incomings are giving Michael Keane an excellent opportunity to re-boot his Goodison career. Maybe step out of the spotlight a bit, not being the most expensive defender at the club anymore (?), and enjoy the optimism and ambition that the new recruits are hopefully adding to the group of players. Focus on learning from Silva's coaching and ideas on defending. And maybe, just maybe, further into the season he might start proving the doubters wrong. (Me being among the doubters at this point, but here's hoping.)

I was under the impression we bought Mina. Is this not the case? EDIT: I see they reserved the buyback clause. Damn.

Agree it’s disappointing. We could be faced with having a cracking centre back partnership, and end up losing both at the end of the season.

But, I genuinely think we’ve landed a cracking DOF that clearly knows what he’s doing. We now have 12 months before potentially losing them so I’ve no doubt contingency plans will be put in place over the coming months to identify central defenders that who knows, could potentially be even better.

At least if Barca recall Mina, we’ll get our dough back to spend on replacements.

Even if we lose them we'll have turned a profit on Mina. I have every confidence in Brands to deliver a new pairing over the course of the season in that case. We finally have a logical direction and a plan in place.

You're just a ray of sunshine ;)

oh how you are going to eat these words now that he will be playing as an actual acttacker and not a spare defender

I`ll be the first to eat my words Frank, but I`ve seen nothing to suggest anything other than we`ve already seen - an average player, who has no influence on games, other than scoring the odd worldee every now and again.

Delighted to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.