Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take an educated guess and say it's quite a bit of our fund.
You could well be right, it could well be. But if he thickens up the squad with Kone, Alcaraz, a cm and gk within that budget, bloods a few of the youngsters, say 2-3 of them then I could live with that.

Having seen him quite a bit when he played in the Netherlands and also for Levante, i'll have to say i'm really quite excited about seeing the lad in a royal blue shirt.

Great pace, strength and technique. I have no doubt he'll be our top goalscorer come next season, he was an absolute beast when he was on loan at Levante. The main reason he didn't reach 20+ goals there, came from the fact, that he was moved further back on the pitch late in the season, as the loan would be terminated if he'd reach 20 goals (i believe).

hlyOjlo.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sNN0SPqAU

just had another look at youtube clip. what I like is the different goals he scores. I don't really understand the negativity. He is at his peak at 29, and with the cruciate meaning he missed 18 months he is probably fresher than most 29-year olds.

He is an international and already attuned to the premiership and the way RM wants to play.

I would like to know what people think would have been a better buy for the money. I love the fact that we have Kone and Jelavic - as well as Anichebe. Great options.

Excited to see him play

Barca has just agreed a fee of 4.4M for David Villa to Athletico Madrid. For that price im surprised a few more teams wern't that interested. Although Kone may be ok. Villa would have been a cracking signing for that price

Last edited:
Barca has just agreed a fee of 4.4M for David Villa to Athletico Madrid. For that price im surprised a few more teams wern't that interested. Although Kone may be ok. Villa would have been a cracking signing for that price

Do you, really think, in all honesty, that David Villa would want to play for us?

David Villa doesn't even know why Everton are mate.

In any case I'm guessing he had plenty of offers but decided to stay in Spain.

Underwhelmed. Hopeful he will turn out to be a bit of something different. Didn't play too badly against us last season if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.