Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, I'm glad we've got the potential to have 2 solid goalscorers at the club if Jelavic gets back on form. Then there's Anichebe fighting for a place.

Under Moyes, he had 1 favourite and relied on his midfielders (Cahill/Fellaini) to chip in.

Beattie/Johnson. Johnson won.
Johnson/Yakubu. Yakubu won.
Yakubu/Saha. Saha won.

Hopefully we got competition now and an option of playing 2

I'm surprised we signed him to be honest, him and Sly had murder a few years back, can't see them two suddenly shaking hands.

Demolition_Man_46133_Medium.jpg

If he's not hooking up for another three weeks, why have we bought him now? Will cost the club up to 200g for nothing

I don't understand this transfer. 6.5 million for a striker who is pushing 30. Best case scenario, he comes good for a couple of seasons. We're skint, we rely on player sales to generate transfer revenue. We're not a club in a position to spend 6.5 million on a player with no resale value.

I don't understand this transfer. 6.5 million for a striker who is pushing 30. Best case scenario, he comes good for a couple of seasons. We're skint, we rely on player sales to generate transfer revenue. We're not a club in a position to spend 6.5 million on a player with no resale value.

What makes you think he could only come good for a couple of seasons?

We don't know really though do we? It could be all of it, it could be a tiny fraction of it. I'm glad to get another body in and quite a good one for the price I think.

Take an educated guess and say it's quite a bit of our kitty.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.