Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't sign Lukaku before Kone mate, of that I am 99.9% certain. And remember, Martinez has stated that he was surprised to be offered Lukaku by Chelsea, because he originally called them to see if a deal could be done for Demba Ba.

My comment about Kone impressing over the next two or three seasons was hypothetical. We are in a situation whereby if we DON'T resign him, we are left with a massive loss: £5m fee plus about £6m in wages over the course of his contract. If we DO resign him, AND he plays well, we may see something of a return. The injury came at a terrible time for him, that is sure.

it really is a pointless arguement but you didnt say that did you

However, had he not suffered the injury we wouldn't have picked up Lukaku and Eto'o....

we signed lukaku before kone got injured (7 weeks before the major injury) so your original statement just isnt true.

and as if he's getting a new deal, the way its going it'll be better for us if he never plays again (for insurance purposes)

He's missed alot of football has Kone, i'm actually looking forward to seeing him play for Everton if he can find some form.

it really is a pointless arguement but you didnt say that did you

we signed lukaku before kone got injured (7 weeks before the major injury) so your original statement just isnt true.

and as if he's getting a new deal, the way its going it'll be better for us if he never plays again (for insurance purposes)
Blimey, is Kone your dad or something? Calm down!

Would you be happier if I withdrew my earlier statement, and instead offered the following: "If Kone hadn't been such a sicknote, we never would have signed Eto'o?"

Interested about your point re the insurance though, how does that work?

Blimey, is Kone your dad or something? Calm down!

Would you be happier if I withdrew my earlier statement, and instead offered the following: "If Kone hadn't been such a sicknote, we never would have signed Eto'o?"

Interested about your point re the insurance though, how does that work?
If he is career-endingly injured, we claim on player insurance and have a nice little earner I think.

Insurance may even be paying his wages while he's out riding camels.

makes sense for us like, wait a year and a half for him to get fit, scores with his first league start at the season, starts the next game, so we send him out on loan and start scratching around for another striker ;)

such a non-story, why would we entertain the idea?

Not suggesting the above story is correct but RM keeping him away from the first team so long once back fit makes me wonder whether his introduction at this point is purely to put him in the shop window.

Probably not that clever mind. He does love his wigan boys!!

I think with Lukaku signing Kone is clearly 2nd choice.

Old...not good enough and with a contract with 18months on it.

Perhaps we could get 3mil for him now and reinvest.

It's funny that with finances available under Moyes he'd have probably been our star forward.

I really do look upon him despairingly though. If we're relying on anything other than the odd bit of flair from the bench from this fella then we are in a tragic state.

It's funny that with finances available under Moyes he'd have probably been our star forward.

I really do look upon him despairingly though. If we're relying on anything other than the odd bit of flair from the bench from this fella then we are in a tragic state.

Really, he has done more in 1 game this season the lukaku had done in 5, seriously. I would be much happier starting Kone at the moment. he is a willing runner, better at tracking back and better at holding the ball up.

I am not saying he is a better player just that he is playing better at the moment.

Why you would want to sell him now when we are crying out for goals and hold up play is baffling.

Funny how some people expected the same from the straq

Status
Not open for further replies.