2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell is a creative midfielder who can pass the ball forwards – every game I have seen him play for the England under 21’s or Everton under 23's he creates chances. We have Gomes, Sigurdsson and Bernard who fall into that category. All three of them play every week whenever fit so who will be back up to cover any injuries to them? Where would we be if two or all three were injured? I suppose you could consider Schneiderlin as cover for Gomes but surely we are just waiting for him to run down his contract before he goes. We have sold Vlasic and Klaasen. It looks like we’re going to sell Lookman – a different type of player but he could play in place of Bernard should he be injured. I don’t see us being linked with any players in this mould, i.e creative players who can see a forward pass. Let’s see who we bring in but if we don’t bring in any similar style of player then it doesn’t make sense to think of selling Dowell or loaning him out as the squad will be short of quality passers of the ball if he goes. Unless we have a creative younger player coming through then we should be keeping him.

For the deep lying position, Sosa was linked.

Wouldn’t mind allowing the likes of Dowell etc to go and inserting a buy back clause so we can get them back if they turn out top class - obviously, it’s still up to the player to want to return but if we are doing well and qualifying for Europe players would come back.

Holgate and Josh Bowler linked to loan moves to Derby as well
I'd rather we kept them. Bowler can be the left footed winger without being a starter...surely we are starting with Riochy on the right and Bernard left as that was solid...no need for Malcom or Neres... Bowler's got moves.. Holgate would be solid enough cover

I'd rather we kept them. Bowler can be the left footed winger without being a starter...surely we are starting with Riochy on the right and Bernard left as that was solid...no need for Malcom or Neres... Bowler's got moves.. Holgate would be solid enough cover

Only “ links “ at the mo

Plus as it stands there’s only Holgate to cover right bsck

If he doesn't force a squad position this season when we have very limited attacking midfield options then cant see it ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.