2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he doesn't sign for us! We need to look upwards not downwards or sideways. Next step is to improve the quality of the squad and get shut of the drifters.

As long as he doesn't sign for us! We need to look upwards not downwards or sideways. Next step is to improve the quality of the squad and get shut of the drifters.
the-drifters-up-on-the-roof-london-3.jpg

Well the Blades fans love him I'm certain of that.
Yet he rarely starts for them.
I have read on here that Kieran Dowell has been mismanaged this season, but who would have him starting in our team and instead of which player.

When he first went to Sheff Utd he started for a number of weeks then drifted out of the starting eleven.
Sheffield have been promoted so their manager must be doing something right.

I think Kieran Dowell will be offered the chance to prove himself in our preseason and hopefully he will make the most of that chance.

Reckon its time to cash in on him and move him on with a sell on clause if he finally makes it :) Seems a nice lad and has potential but does'nt have the killer determination to make it :-(

Reckon its time to cash in on him and move him on with a sell on clause if he finally makes it :) Seems a nice lad and has potential but does'nt have the killer determination to make it :-(

....it so misguided to say ‘he won’t make it’. After last season’s loan at Forest he was in a great bargaining position at Everton. 12 months left on his contract and a host of clubs wanting him. After that new contract, he’ll already be a millionaire. His yearly salary will be massive.

If he gets a summer move to Sheffield United, circa £10m, he’ll pocket another £1m and he’ll be a Premier League footballer.

These youngsters have incredible wealth, I think he’s already ‘made it’.

....it so misguided to say ‘he won’t make it’. After last season’s loan at Forest he was in a great bargaining position at Everton. 12 months left on his contract and a host of clubs wanting him. After that new contract, he’ll already be a millionaire. His yearly salary will be massive.

If he gets a summer move to Sheffield United, circa £10m, he’ll pocket another £1m and he’ll be a Premier League footballer.

I said he probably won't make it with us :-( His played a handfull of times in the last 4 years for us? 2 in league? Is he better than Sigurdsson in his position? More Premier League experience? Goals? All the answers are no and with Vlasic back also and possibility to like you say get circa 10 m for him , its a good move to get cash in the bank :) Just because his a local lad does'nt deserve him to get paid by us to train or sent off on loan to help other clubs in their ambitions! Like I said he seems a good lad but look at Sterling who got his debut at 17, became a team regular and then a big move to City , does Dowell have that determination and ruthlessness to ensure he does?

I said he probably won't make it with us :-( His played a handfull of times in the last 4 years for us? 2 in league? Is he better than Sigurdsson in his position? More Premier League experience? Goals? All the answers are no and with Vlasic back also and possibility to like you say get circa 10 m for him , its a good move to get cash in the bank :) Just because his a local lad does'nt deserve him to get paid by us to train or sent off on loan to help other clubs in their ambitions! Like I said he seems a good lad but look at Sterling who got his debut at 17, became a team regular and then a big move to City , does Dowell have that determination and ruthlessness to ensure he does?

....he’s a fine player is Kieran Dowell but Sterling is exceptional so the comparison is a little unfair. He’s languid and laid back but he’s got attitude and determination to come through the ranks and win a World Cup winners medal.

I agree, he’s failed to take his opportunity with us. Sending him on loan indicated (to me) that he disappointed Silva and he wasn’t going to use him. He’ll find a club that fits but he has quality and attitude.

....he’s a fine player is Kieran Dowell but Sterling is exceptional so the comparison is a little unfair. He’s languid and laid back but he’s got attitude and determination to come through the ranks and win a World Cup winners medal.

I agree, he’s failed to take his opportunity with us. Sending him on loan indicated (to me) that he disappointed Silva and he wasn’t going to use him. He’ll find a club that fits but he has quality and attitude.

Hopefully for him he gets the move to somewhere that will help him in his career but for Everton its the money we can generate from his sale thats more important so if Sheff Utd offer 10 million take it

It is player like him which convince me we need a Sister club somewhere in Europe. Player that is above the development of youth league but not good enough to step into the first team could benefit with such system.
Players like him can play in a competitive league with uninterrupted development time.
Pushing them out on loan to different championship side with no continuity and lack of a consistent focal development program destroy thier development years.

Has done well at championship level, and will improve with better players around him. At 21 would be foolish to write him off.

James Maddison and David Brooks have both broken through this season and both just a little bit older than Dowell. Needs to be in the Prem next season, either with Everton or another club on loan.

I said as much the other day on here about Dowell. It's a consolation prize, but it's a very good consolation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.