2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Oh massively it is. But as i stated in another post. It scares me that he was involved in the signing of beto who struggles to even control a ball. Now put someone like that over seeing the future of this club regarding kids.
Granted i glanced at his CV. Nothing on there suggests to me he should have such a say on who might be coming through for Everton in years to come.
I agree that just because the club has become a pantomime, we shouldn’t stop questioning his performance….we absolutely should continue to scrutinise it. I was probably making a more general point but you do have to question the signing of Maupay (who generally is poor but more importantly doesn’t suit our style of play, although another poster said Lampard wanted him) and then as you say Beto who couldn’t trap a bag of cement, but Beto is a through ball runner in my opinion regardless is his technical ability and we don’t play that way either.

I agree that just because the club has become a pantomime, we shouldn’t stop questioning his performance….we absolutely should continue to scrutinise it. I was probably making a more general point but you do have to question the signing of Maupay (who generally is poor but more importantly doesn’t suit our style of play, although another poster said Lampard wanted him) and then as you say Beto who couldn’t trap a bag of cement, but Beto is a through ball runner in my opinion regardless is his technical ability and we don’t play that way either.
I think his performance also has to have an eye on the environment he is working in. He hasn’t got everything right for sure but he has got some right. Gana, Garner, Onana, McNeil, dare I say Young. Harrison also worked.

He signed 2 strikers who were available for no upfront payment. I'm sure if you'd given him £50 million to spend upfront he would have chosen different players.
And that’s it in a nutshell. He was clearly told that this season we’re selling , there’s no money to buy , find freebies . Moshiri probably added if you can pay next season that’s ok , I’ll have sold the club by then and there’ll be money available.

I think his performance also has to have an eye on the environment he is working in. He hasn’t got everything right for sure but he has got some right. Gana, Garner, Onana, McNeil, dare I say Young. Harrison also worked.
He’s certainly got more right than he’s got wrong, which is a distinct improvement over the previous pair of incumbents.

Do your job or offer a contract extension on a 40 year old? Tough decision

I think that Young gets a lot of hate from fans because of his age and at times, I have been one of them because if he has a bad game, it is easy to say "he shouldn't be playing he's nearly 40".

However, he has done a job for us this season in multiple positions and while he has been shown up at times, the alternatives would likely have been shown up the same if not more due to inexperience or not being good enough in the first place. If you add to that his character, our mentality has improved this season and Young may or may not have been a contributing factor to that but the little information from inside the club that makes its way out all say that Young is a model pro and good to have around.

I think that Young gets a lot of hate from fans because of his age and at times, I have been one of them because if he has a bad game, it is easy to say "he shouldn't be playing he's nearly 40".

However, he has done a job for us this season in multiple positions and while he has been shown up at times, the alternatives would likely have been shown up the same if not more due to inexperience or not being good enough in the first place. If you add to that his character, our mentality has improved this season and Young may or may not have been a contributing factor to that but the little information from inside the club that makes its way out all say that Young is a model pro and good to have around.

Or maybe it's because he looks like a liability nearly every game he plays. Penalties, red card, mistakes. There's not much positive from him when he's involved.

Believe that Moshiri will stump up £25 mill for a new right back or believe he won’t and hedge your bets by offering a contract extension to a player who although way past his best can cover three positions . Tough decision 🤔
Not sure where 25m came from but there must be a better option in world football for a few mil or even on a free who would take same wages. Even some 32 year old from another league. Also cover is a hilarious way of looking at it. He gives away pens, gives away goals like yesterday and stupid free kicks when he play. Offers not going forward..no goal or assists so him playing as a winger is not "cover"

Or maybe it's because he looks like a liability nearly every game he plays. Penalties, red card, mistakes. There's not much positive from him when he's involved.
31 games this year and only 5 yellows. Hes not a world beater or even the player he once was but he’s a effective for what we need which is a player who can play multiple positions as a backup to cover injuries/poor form and he’s a good character by all accounts.

He has contributed more this season than Seamus has possibly in the last two years combined so we can’t advocate for giving Seamus one more year and say no to Young unless you accept it’s pure emotion with Seamus because he’s a legend.

31 games this year and only 5 yellows. Hes not a world beater or even the player he once was but he’s a effective for what we need which is a player who can play multiple positions as a backup to cover injuries/poor form and he’s a good character by all accounts.

He has contributed more this season than Seamus has possibly in the last two years combined so we can’t advocate for giving Seamus one more year and say no to Young unless you accept it’s pure emotion with Seamus because he’s a legend.
We shouldn't re-sign either of them. They are both past it. They won't be better next year, they will most likely be worse. We should spend our limited resources elsewhere.