2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Good that you ignored everything that went on last preseason
Sorry what’s last pre season got to do, with this transfer window? He bought players in, but it’s a matter of priorities and working in partnership with the manager, so he focussed any financial budget on a midfielder. Bobble says he wanted Bilal Toure at around £6m but BK/FM wanted PL proven so the club bought Maupay (if that’s what you are referring to)

I absolutely agree with the negligence part, and the unforgivable part. What I am saying is why do we not think it’s just the club pulling up the financial drawbridge? People are blaming Thelwell, (he may be partly responsible) but surely it’s obvious the club has no cash? Try buying players that are suitable for PL football in a competitive environment when there is no cash! it must be in incredibly difficult (Although not impossible)

....he’s part of the governance, so he has to be accountable. His negligence last summer and January is a given as far as I’m concerned.

If the club has ’pulled up the financial drawbridge’ he knows the spend envelope & spends it on Chermiti who appears a long-term investment when our requirement is immediate. He has to think Chermiti is the real deal, I wonder why SL bought Gyrokeres if they had Chermiti on the conveyer belt but time will tell.

If you have limited spend you have to be sure you prioritise on what you need. We did a deal for Beto, apparently paying nothing until next season. Buying Chermiti suggests to me that Beto wasn’t on our radar. Buying Chermiti when we were buying Beto appears to show transfers on the hoof rather than planned.

it looks an absolute mess. A DoF earns his stripes when times are bad, that’s his job. As you can tell, I’m not convinced but I accept I’m in a minority and will gladly laud him if we now improve.

Sorry what’s last pre season got to do, with this transfer window? He bought players in, but it’s a matter of priorities and working in partnership with the manager, so he focussed any financial budget on a midfielder. Bobble says he wanted Bilal Toure at around £6m but BK/FM wanted PL proven so the club bought Maupay (if that’s what you are referring to)
Because he was in charge of transfers last year, and failed to address the issues.

January, rinse and repeat. And this year, while an improvement there are major issues within the squad.

And it wasn't bobble who said that, it was is mate - the clout chasing clown

....he’s part of the governance, so he has to be accountable. His negligence last summer and January is a given as far as I’m concerned.

If the club has ’pulled up the financial drawbridge’ he knows the spend envelope & spends it on Chermiti who appears a long-term investment when our requirement is immediate. He has to think Chermiti is the real deal, I wonder why SL bought Zyrokeres if they had Chermiti on the conveyer belt but time will tell.

If you have limited spend you have to be sure you prioritise on what you need. We did a deal for Beto, apparently paying nothing until next season. Buying Chermiti suggests to me that Beto wasn’t on our radar. Buying Chermiti when we were buying Beto appears to show transfers on the hoof rather than planned.

it’s looks an absolute mess. A DoF earns his stripes when times are bad, that’s his job. As you can tell, I’m not convinced but I accept I’m in a minority and will gladly laud him if we now improve.
I accept what you say there. Given the urgent nature of our situation, there was no way we should have been buying for the future, it should have been for the here and now. The only thing I would say is we don’t know how much of a drain on cash it was this summer e.g, what the down payment was.

Because he was in charge of transfers last year, and failed to address the issues.

January, rinse and repeat. And this year, while an improvement there are major issues within the squad.

And it wasn't bobble who said that, it was is mate - the clout chasing clown
Right thought it was Bobble….I’d be surprise if he chose Maupay given him binning him now (albeit on loan) but who knows, I’m not saying he is not besmirched by transfer dealings, to go back to my initial point, I’m just surprise that people seem to almost exclusivly blame him when you look at the activity on his thread vs Kenwright or Moshiris thread.

If the club has ’pulled up the financial drawbridge’ he knows the spend envelope & spends it on Chermiti who appears a long-term investment when our requirement is immediate. He has to think Chermiti is the real deal, I wonder why SL bought Gyrokeres if they had Chermiti on the conveyer belt but time will tell.

it looks an absolute mess. A DoF earns his stripes when times are bad, that’s his job. As you can tell, I’m not convinced but I accept I’m in a minority and will gladly laud him if we now improve.
We have been doing transfers on the hoof for years
Nothing changes
Our long term planning strategy doesn't exist
That's why we have been in the [Poor language removed] for years
Total disgrace from the top down

….this thread reminds me lots of the Conservative Government. Praise when things go right but it’s somebody else’s fault when things go wrong.

Thelwell should be accountable for team performance. We can’t congratulate him if we do well but excuse him if we don’t.

Lot‘s on here were eulogising him earlier. ‘Saint Kev’; ‘Lord Kev’, we’ve seen it all. I have my genuine doubts.

The next 9 months is judgement time.

Brands oversaw the reason we're in this financial mess with the signing of terrible players but you don't hold him to account like you do Thelwell. It's an agenda, right or wrong.