2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have but you have to remember no class player is coming to Everton, but dont forget people are moaning about him getting nobody in January, thats actually better then buing another Bolasie for the sake of spending
I never really expected to sign anyone tbh, we don't present a good career option at the moment. In all honesty I think he is more of an administrator type DoF than a recruitment type DoF, we have him because he is a yes man basically.

Nah

The Brands situation was a totally different one. Yesterday was Dyche's first press conference and also his pre-game one. You don't hijack it by having the DOF there to talk about the chaos and failings at the club, it's disrespectful to Dyche for a start. You know as well as I do that his presence would have led to the focus moving away from the new manager. What you're asking for isn't unreasonable, but never in a million years was yesterday the place for it.
No it wasn't!

This isn't about 'hijacking' anything fgs. Most of the presser was about the transfers!

Yesterday was the perfect time. Thelwell should be there when a new manager is introduced. It's a show of unity, or as Dyche wants to put it 'alignment'.

I’ve seen enough from maupay, McNeil and his zero signings in the most important window in our history to tell me he’s absolutely useless.

So what he’s on the phone and worked really hard. He failed and we’re about to see the outcomes.

Get him out.
My standing with Thelwell is I'm wholly sure he is working with one hand tied behind his back.

However, I don't think he's shown anything to suggest that if he was allowed to do his job properly, he'd actually be very good at it.

The problems are definitely bigger but if Moshiri, Bill and co. went tomorrow, would a competent ownership group keep him on? I don't know.

I'm glad Amazon didn't do a documentary on us because I believe behind the scenes things are much MUCH worse than probably what we see.

I think it would probably be the most embarrassing insight into a football club and cause irreparable damage to our name.
It would be the footballing equivalent of the office (uk version).
Moshiri as David Brent and Kenwright as Gareth
the more I think about it the more I WANT to see us in a documentary!

I don't imagine a DOF selects players that he wants. That will always be the manager. How else can you plan for a team managed by either Bielsa or Dyche. Totally different skillsets of players needed. Dyche simply had no time to select targets - same as Lampard when he was appointed. DOF is responsible for going out and securing said players. He also seems to be responsible for building a playing structure below the first team. So - since he's been appointed - has Kev identfied and brought any young player into the club who has a chance of breaking through? Anyone at all?

No it wasn't!

This isn't about 'hijacking' anything fgs. Most of the presser was about the transfers!

Yesterday was the perfect time. Thelwell should be there when a new manager is introduced. It's a show of unity, or as Dyche wants to put it 'alignment'.
Mate, no

I get you've formed your opinion on him and nothing i say is going to change that, but on this you're wrong and it seems like youre letting that cloud your judgement on it, if i may be so bold.

It 100% was not the right time to do it. It's completely different to Brands being there for Ancelotti etc - there was no chaos at that point. If you put Thelwell there at that press conference, you shift the attention away from the new manager and make the story all about the utter catastrophic stuff going on at the club. Thelwell AND Kenwright should be fronting up and addressing the public, but in no way shape or form should that have been at the manager's first press conference.

Had circumstances been different, then yes, of course Thelwell should have been there, but had circumstances been different we'd have had a press conference just to introduce the new manager rather than tie it in with the pre-game thing.

The situation is what it is. Thelwell may or may not be incompetent and largely to blame for the last week of this soap opera of a club, I honestly don't know, but that doesn't mean we suddenly throw objectivity out of the window.

I think when we have proper owners and a proper board, this guy should be allowed to do his job.

We have had Brands Walsh who have done better jobs at other clubs, but when they come here they fail, the common theme is Moshiri & Kenwright

They have to go its that simple

Mate, no

I get you've formed your opinion on him and nothing i say is going to change that, but on this you're wrong and it seems like youre letting that cloud your judgement on it, if i may be so bold.

It 100% was not the right time to do it. It's completely different to Brands being there for Ancelotti etc - there was no chaos at that point. If you put Thelwell there at that press conference, you shift the attention away from the new manager and make the story all about the utter catastrophic stuff going on at the club. Thelwell AND Kenwright should be fronting up and addressing the public, but in no way shape or form should that have been at the manager's first press conference.

Had circumstances been different, then yes, of course Thelwell should have been there, but had circumstances been different we'd have had a press conference just to introduce the new manager rather than tie it in with the pre-game thing.

The situation is what it is. Thelwell may or may not be incompetent and largely to blame for the last week of this soap opera of a club, I honestly don't know, but that doesn't mean we suddenly throw objectivity out of the window.
I am not, I am asking for the DoF to be in place when the latest manager is presented to the press. I work in the press. It should be done. If you want a sign of unity, then that's it.

I am not asking for the bloke to be crucified because I don't think it's fully his fault. I don't actually think, from talking to a lot of different people who do know more about the situation, he is even incompetent.

I do think he's hidden, and I'm fed up of that.

Except that one, the best of the lot, was a lampard signing...no lampard, and onana would probably ended up at West ham
"A Lampard signing"

This is where agendas are shown up. Happened under Brands too.

Moshiri said the other day that the manager or DoF can suggest a player, but they both have to sign off on it. That means there's no such thing as a "Lampard signing" or a "Thelwell signing"

Status
Not open for further replies.