2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to some twitter space last night and there was a guy came on who was offering, well let's just say some 'constructive criticism' in regards to the protests and that. He was also talking a lot about Kenwright going back to the days of the BU and that and he is adamant that within the terms of sale that it was written in for Kenwright to stay on as chairman. Also he mentioned something about Amanda Stavely (this chap has had some business dealings with her) showing an interest years ago but again was put off by the fact that Kenwright and co were to remain in place and they wanted to appoint their own people. We are stuck with him for the moment I think.
Ultimately Moshiri can still make the call though, it all rests with him.

He owns the club.

All hearsay of course but Moshiri definitely now owns the club and we know that for a fact.

So why do we have no money and why doesn’t the tv revenue generate a profit?
Because a ton of money is going into the stadium and it's clear as day that the sanctions have hit hard when it comes to Usmanov putting any more money in. Moshiri certainly isn't doing it.

FWIW, based on Gordon and Kean sales, Everton should be set to turn a profit this financial year for the first time in years.

Our wage bill has previously been up to 94% of turnover. The TV money has been keeping the lights on.

Ultimately Moshiri can still make the call though, it all rests with him.

He owns the club.

All hearsay of course but Moshiri definitely now owns the club and we know that for a fact.
If something is written in a legally bound contract that has been enough to scare other interested parties away, it can't be that easy to get around. Don't forget mate this is Kenwright we are talking about, there will be clauses a-z inserted into it. I don't disagree with what you are saying but I bet it involves some sort of almighty payoff.

Has anyone told Everton that the transfer window opens for a month, not just 24 hours?
Dyche said he was on the phone to agents on deadline day, WHY?
Every club in the country has a wish list to follow up on apart from us apparently.
Do we only compile our said list on January 31st?
We are so amateurish in everything we do, we are run like Old Etonians.
Yep surprised no journalist did not come back in with another question after that statement

He had the opportunity today to come and sit alongside Everton's new manager at his unveiling press conference.

He had the opportunity to front up.

He didn't take it.

So he's either got no inclination to speak to the fans, through the press or any other means, or he's not got the power to make the decision to do that if he wanted to.

Either option means he's wrong for the job, as he's either powerless to that tiny extent, or he's got no wish to speak to fans, which is pathetic.

Hardly the forum for it mate. You don't hijack the first press conference a new manager gives by having the DOF there to front up about other stuff. There's a time and place for it.

I accept that there's a need for explanations but yesterday was the wrong forum for it and by just having Thelwell in the firing line, you're allowing Kenwright and co a fall guy. There's no way, for example, that whilst under contract Thelwell is going to give any insight into finances etc, so you're really just asking him to front the whole thing and say it's his fault. Swerve that. If it is, fine, but that only allows for one outcome. I'm sure Kenwright and co would be delighted with this.

Hardly the forum for it mate. You don't hijack the first press conference a new manager gives by having the DOF there to front up about other stuff. There's a time and place for it.

I accept that there's a need for explanations but yesterday was the wrong forum for it and by just having Thelwell in the firing line, you're allowing Kenwright and co a fall guy. There's no way, for example, that whilst under contract Thelwell is going to give any insight into finances etc, so you're really just asking him to front the whole thing and say it's his fault. Swerve that. If it is, fine, but that only allows for one outcome. I'm sure Kenwright and co would be delighted with this.
Then what is the forum for it?

Brands was sat next to Silva, Ancelotti and he was in James' press conference.

My point is it's time for Thelwell to put up.

I'm not suggesting it's anywhere close to all his fault, but he is a mute. As someone who works in the media industry I can tell you how hard it is to get anything out of Everton. It's pathetic. Other clubs are bad but these lot take the p.

The club used yesterday's press conference as the introductory one for Sean Dyche. They had him holding up the shirt. Thelwell should have been there with him. Even if he didn't take questions, he should have been there. He wasn't. Dyche can talk all about unity and alignment and then the guy who is supposed to have hired him isn't even in the room mate.

As for what he could say, nobody is asking Thelwell to disclose finances. He's a smart guy. He could have said exactly what Dyche said yesterday but you know what - it would mean the DoF, who is in charge of recruitment (according to Moshiri) had fronted up and spoken.

As I said, he had the opportunity to do it. There's only two reasons he wasn't there. He either didn't want to be, which shows a massive red flag for me, or he's not even got the power to make that call, which would suggest he hasn't got the power to do anything meaningful.

Saying 'well what is he meant to say' doesn't wash. Not now.

Then what is the forum for it?

Brands was sat next to Silva, Ancelotti and he was in James' press conference.

My point is it's time for Thelwell to put up.

I'm not suggesting it's anywhere close to all his fault, but he is a mute. As someone who works in the media industry I can tell you how hard it is to get anything out of Everton. It's pathetic. Other clubs are bad but these lot take the p.

The club used yesterday's press conference as the introductory one for Sean Dyche. They had him holding up the shirt. Thelwell should have been there with him. Even if he didn't take questions, he should have been there. He wasn't. Dyche can talk all about unity and alignment and then the guy who is supposed to have hired him isn't even in the room mate.

As for what he could say, nobody is asking Thelwell to disclose finances. He's a smart guy. He could have said exactly what Dyche said yesterday but you know what - it would mean the DoF, who is in charge of recruitment (according to Moshiri) had fronted up and spoken.

As I said, he had the opportunity to do it. There's only two reasons he wasn't there. He either didn't want to be, which shows a massive red flag for me, or he's not even got the power to make that call, which would suggest he hasn't got the power to do anything meaningful.

Saying 'well what is he meant to say' doesn't wash. Not now.

Nah

The Brands situation was a totally different one. Yesterday was Dyche's first press conference and also his pre-game one. You don't hijack it by having the DOF there to talk about the chaos and failings at the club, it's disrespectful to Dyche for a start. You know as well as I do that his presence would have led to the focus moving away from the new manager. What you're asking for isn't unreasonable, but never in a million years was yesterday the place for it.

So Dyche apparently has been singing Big Kevs praises in his press conference.

Hopefully reassures some of the cats on ere.
He worked hard, ok he failed but it wasnt for the lack of trying, it was an impossible job he had.
To fix the mess of previous DOF's and to bring players into a club nobody want to join, he never had a chance.
This mess pre dates Thelwell, he has just been caught up in it

He worked hard, ok he failed but it wasnt for the lack of trying, it was an impossible job he had.
To fix the mess of previous DOF's and to bring players into a club nobody want to join, he never had a chance.
This mess pre dates Thelwell, he has just been caught up in it
His purchases have contributed to it, most of them have been rubbish.

His purchases have contributed to it, most of them have been rubbish.
They have but you have to remember no class player is coming to Everton, but dont forget people are moaning about him getting nobody in January, thats actually better then buing another Bolasie for the sake of spending

Status
Not open for further replies.