2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we know that there are worse culprits. Keep coming back to it though - he’s either completely ineffective or completely out of his depth. So tell me what is the point of him?

I find it difficult to be that certain about it mate. He might be, but the other stuff makes it impossible to reach that conclusion with any reasonable degree of certainty IMO

I think we know that there are worse culprits. Keep coming back to it though - he’s either completely ineffective or completely out of his depth. So tell me what is the point of him?
He is there to be a shield for the fact that the board and owner meddle with the team affairs. Dyche called it today "The chairman was on the phone constantly" Why? how is not Thelwell making these calls? I do think he is there to be a DoF as such but he is never going to be able to put in place any proper recruitment strategy under the current ownership model. If you look since he has come in he has changed things like the youth team, the sports science but the recruitment dept has been off limits so far. I wonder why.

They aren't liars whatever you want to think.

Their editors made a mistake and Greg (Paddy wasn't even working!) should have made that clearer sooner.

They had too much faith in the club, that's for sure, with the second piece they wrote after the S'ton game.
That's fair enough toff but they've still not printed a retraction or an apology.

Both them and Joe Thomas tried to bury it in their individual podcasts.

The club made them look like nobheads, we all know exactly who was responsible. Grow a set of bollocks and lay out exactly how Prenno set you up to slander the clubs fans with lies.

Trying to claim "Awww it's not our fault we rushed to print lies from the club and didn't bother fact checking" isn't good enough.

Absolute cowards.

For me the DoF job at Everton is an impossible one to do properly under our current Board/ set up. The failure to get any player in in January is appalling. I don’t know if it was all down to Kenwright or all down to Thelwell but bottom line is it didn’t happen and we need to fix that aspect . Thelwell seems to have the football ‘ admin’ experience to suss out what is wrong with a club and what is needed to fix it and the changes he has made in the u21s, Academy and other positions seem to be successful so far but it’s a long term project so we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.