2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not particularly impressed by the long pursuit of Gueye. I dont understand that one. And the Mcneil transfer is not looking very smart so far.

The deal that needed done was lining up Richarlison's replacement before we signed off on his transfer. My opinion is that there is no plan or strategy, just throwing darts at the board and hoping one hits the bullseye
If we didn't want to be late to finding a Richarlison replacement we needed one last summer, so Thelwell isn't totally at fault there.

The Gueye one isn't amazing but it isn't terrible either. He does fill a hole even if it is temporary. Gueye in combo with Onana is pretty solid for me.

I think Lampard wanted his version of Benitez's Townie - a winger whipping crosses into DCL.

I dont see him as anything else tbh.
That's a horrible decision then.

I think a between the lines playmaker is his beat chance of being useful. Wide player crossing is someone who needs to become a fullback.

Well I'm not particularly impressed by the long pursuit of Gueye. I dont understand that one. And the Mcneil transfer is not looking very smart so far.

The deal that needed done was lining up Richarlison's replacement before we signed off on his transfer. My opinion is that there is no plan or strategy, just throwing darts at the board and hoping one hits the bullseye
well said

You see how big a job he has when you look at villa’s bench on Saturday. They’ll do well to finish 10th and they’re bringing Bailey and Buendia off the bench. Both would walk into our forward/attacking line up.

Rondos, Gray, Alli, McNeil, Townsend… would rather have one quality player than the five put together - probably could have for the wages. This has been the problem with our policy of signing squad players - when there are huge gaps in the first 11.

If we're looking for McNeil to play like he did at Burnley it is an awful signing.

The only way the McNeil signing works is if we look to make him a right sided, left footed playmaker type. And tbf there have been very limited signs of his coming to grips with that role. I think a combination of time, better understanding with his teammates and better forward passing on that side of the pitch (read: never play Doucoure again) could lead to better from him.

If we're going to put him wide left forget about it, just light the 15m on fire.
He can't play as an inverted winger.

On the left hand side he is decent , a very good crosser of the ball.

I fail to understand why football hipsters are so against a left footer player on the left , especially when you have a CF who is good in the air .

Football is a simple game , I wish people would remember that.

I fail to understand why football hipsters are so against a left footer player on the left , especially when you have a CF who is good in the air .

I have a problem with a left footed player who can't beat a man on the left.

He has no choice but to be an inverted player if he's going to be an attacker. His ceiling is the championship on the left. He's basically James McClean.

Spot on. I think he would be better playing wingback in 3-5-2 with some targets to cross in the box.

The only issue is you would have him and Mykolenko/Vinagre occupying the same space.

If we are going to sell Gordon, then he absolutely MUST have the replacements lined up and the deals done BEFORE we sign off on the sale.

Otherwise we are going to be absolutely rinsed and end up in a deadline day session of panic buying. The like of which not seen since the great toilet roll scramble of March 2020.

If Big Kev Thelwell can get anywhere near £50 millions for Flash he deserves a statue outside of BMD.

That Dutch Divvy Brands could only muster £30 millions for Gana Gueye.

Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.