2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our new Scouting Operations Manager is from Brighton and was the senior scout overseeing the wingers and attacking midfielders for Brighton.

Yeah I’d be curious to know our scouting method. We don’t really get players from no where any more like Graveson, Coleman or a neglected Arteta or Pienaar or Manny Fernandes, we all know about them - maybe Onana or Brantwaiteyou could say we’re scouted.

Must be a tough gig as a scout, prob find a gem in Spain - like Arteta, you bring it to the DOF, they are in conflict with the manager over signings, with limited funds, then it has to go to the owner and chairman for sign off - very few I think that are ever scouted at source before they become a big name - i would think ever get off the ground with us, given poor governance, limited funds and a risk adverse “PL proven” approach at glacial speed.

Yeah I’d be curious to know our scouting method. We don’t really get players from no where any more like Graveson, Coleman or a neglected Arteta or Pienaar or Manny Fernandes, we all know about them - maybe Onana or Brantwaiteyou could say we’re scouted.
74A5DDEB-C8D1-4AB8-9903-F212DD73CA30.jpeg

Our new Scouting Operations Manager is from Brighton and was the senior scout overseeing the wingers and attacking midfielders for Brighton.

Slight problem with that is that they've repeatedly suffered from not having good strikers and not many good wingers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.