2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trees mate you and I had a long discussion about this guy quite a while back and I thought you'd maybe by your absence on this thread come to realise what he's like.
No one has ever doubted his ability but the negatives far outway the positives and I can't believe anyone least of all a sensible guy like yourself would seriously consider bringing back such a seriously disruptive character like him back into the squad, seriously? We are literally looking to virtually give him away and still there are no takers, I wonder why?
Yeah I know mate, he's definitely got a few black marks against his name.

It's not so much that I seriously want him back. I get that he's done here, both in terms of age/pace and also due to attitude. It's more a case that we spent pretty big sums on Tosun and Walcott, both of whom are so underwhelming that they sit on the bench week after week... we could have just kept Mirallas to do that and we'd have got more or less the same productivity but saved well over £30m in transfer fees and something like £150k per week in wages.

I'd be perfectly happy to sell all three of them and buy Kevin Volland from Leverkusen, to be honest. There should always be a Kevin in the squad.

The time is approaching when Kevin has his annual 45 minute cameo in a friendly against a team of Belarusian turnip farmers prompting the usual suspects to start bleating “hE cOuLd sTilL dO a JoB fRom tHe BeNcH”

May I just take this opportunity to say a pre-emotive “NO!!!”

Should have booted this chancer years ago.

”He scored 20 as a striker for Olympiacos, play him up front, Moyes”

Last edited:

The time is approaching when Kevin has his annual 45 minute cameo in a friendly against a team of Belarusian turnip farmers prompting the usual suspects to start bleating “hE cOuLd sTilL dO a JoB fRom tHe BeNcH”

May I just take this opportunity to say a pre-emotive “NO!!!”

Should have booted this chancer years ago.

”He scored 20 as a striker for Olympiacos, play him up front, Moyes”
Those seconds of joy and hope seeing this thread coming only for...

alright own up, who called him the Belgian Ronaldo once

Must have been some alcohol induced emotional outburst from someone during one of his 30second periods of good form. How long has he been here? Feels like forever now

I was made up when we signed him and he had a couple good seasons early on here but no idea how it’s gone so wrong for him now. Shame really he could have achieved a lot more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.