2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope a loan can be sorted before the season ends. Don’t want this ar5ehole anywhere near this squad. We just seem to be picking up some team spirit. Only takes one bad apple to ruin it.

NEA I like him me

better than most of the wasters we have atm, and cant really use his "attitude" as an excuse to banish him given how bad the attitude is all round atm

So you reckon he's better than Richarlison, Bernard, Siggarsson, even Walcott, Tosun, DCL etc? What are you on? These 'wasters' are the scourge of the top six,don't you know?

So you reckon he's better than Richarlison, Bernard, Siggarsson, even Walcott, Tosun, DCL etc? What are you on? These 'wasters' are the scourge of the top six,don't you know?
Those two highlighted cost the club over £30m combined, and Walcott I reckon is on about the same wage as Mirallas. Can you honestly say that the club did good business loaning Mirallas out and bringing these two in?

He's at the tail end of his career, sure. But if we got decent offers for Walcott and Tosun, I'd happily sell them both and bring Mirallas back into the squad for whatever's left of his contract.

Mirallas was donkey at the tail end of the Martinez era years ago, he lost that half of yard pace and he's never had the best work rate or contributed much at either end of the pitch really. On top of of his attitude issues he doesn't deserve another shot here. His ship left the port many years ago.

Those two highlighted cost the club over £30m combined, and Walcott I reckon is on about the same wage as Mirallas. Can you honestly say that the club did good business loaning Mirallas out and bringing these two in?

He's at the tail end of his career, sure. But if we got decent offers for Walcott and Tosun, I'd happily sell them both and bring Mirallas back into the squad for whatever's left of his contract.

So you get rid of two good squad players for one twice in a season player who causes untold aggro in the dressing room. I'm glad theres no chance of you ever managing Everton.

So you get rid of two good squad players for one twice in a season player who causes untold aggro in the dressing room. I'm glad theres no chance of you ever managing Everton.
Good squad players? Really? I'll grant you that neither of them appear to be bad apples in terms of squad harmony, but they don't contribute much on the field and they don't push the starting XI players. The commentators last week were openly mocking United for conceding a goal to Walcott. The prices paid for Walcott and Tosun, plus Walcott's wages, make it clear that they were not purchased to be squad rotation players - they were supposed to be starters. I'm not saying Mirallas is miles better than either of them - I'm saying that the club spent a large amount of money on two players who are certainly no better than Mirallas, and he could provide the bench cover they both currently provide.

You support the decision to put one highly-paid player out on loan, whilst buying in two more for substantial transfer fees, paying them comparable wages to the player you've loaned out and getting nothing more in terms of productivity for either of them. Sound business, that. I'm glad there's no chance of you ever handling Everton's finances or transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.