Kevin Mirallas: Everton can make Premier League top four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennan

Player Valuation: £90m
Everton are confident of qualifying for next season's Champions League, says midfielder Kevin Mirallas.
The Toffees sit fourth after six Premier League games and remain the only unbeaten team ahead of Saturday's trip to Manchester City.

"The coach [Roberto Martinez] and the team certainly believe we can do this," Mirallas, 25, told BBC Sport.
"We're playing well and it's not by investing in £30m or £40m players. The team is better this season than last."

"Probably most people would not have believed we would be where we are now, but we want to maintain that.
"It's important that we continue this run. We don't know how long it's going to last for, but it's important we win as many games as we can and I think we could find ourselves in a good position."

Couldn't see a thread for this.

Is right Kev. Is right Bobby M.

So refreshing to hear us being talked up for this kind of thing by our own staff and players.

Beats aiming for 40 points and taking it from there.

"Always aim for the Moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"

Nice to hear the confidence that we have but, and it's a big but, we need to keep our first team fit for 90% of the season and take points off Utd, city, spurs, arsenal, Chelsea (already have) and the RS.

My own feeling is we will fall short because lukaku may get injured and then we are back to struggling for goals. We have a good team but his goals win matches we might otherwise draw or lose. If we have £10 mill to spend in jan (IF) then I think we should try and get a backup to lukaku because with no disrespect to either, they are nowhere near the big man in terms of ability. What might help is if deulofeu steps up and becomes the match winner he undoubtedly has the potential to be.

Is right Kev. Is right Bobby M.

So refreshing to hear us being talked up for this kind of thing by our own staff and players.

Beats aiming for 40 points and taking it from there.

"Always aim for the Moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"

Can't stand this sort of post. There was loads of this talk this time last year

Kev is right. Why not? Forget how much money the other teams have spent.

Imagine if we could though. We might be able to afford to buy Lukaku. And bring Gerard back. Sign Barry on a perm. I think we'd have a good change to qualify for the knockout stages.

Can't stand this sort of post. There was loads of this talk this time last year

What kind of post? I was a massive Moyes fan, didn't want him to go, but that doesn't change the fact he very rarely talked us up for a top 4 finish.

From 29/09/12 (we were second in the league)

But Moyes, who is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to sign a new deal, is refusing to contemplate another possible top-four finish until he has achieved his first goal - securing Everton's Premier League status.
"I don't think Everton managers can say 'Let's avoid relegation', but I think that is always the first route for every club and it still is for Everton," said the 49-year-old Scot.
"The next part is then 'can we make a European spot and if you are very good can you make the dream spots, the big ones?
"I'd like to be in there, in the mix, during the season but I don't think Manchester United and Manchester City will be worried to see Everton there at this time of the year.

Last edited:

What kind of post? I was a massive Moyes fan, didn't want him to go, but that doesn't change the fact he very rarely talked us up for a top 4 finish.

From 29/09/12 (we were second in the league)

Hated that mentality to be honest. Would much rather we talk ourselves up. That's why the media always say we are punching above our weight etc. because we leak negativity. The moment we put ourselves out there as challenges, the media will treat us differently, then other players may look at us more seriously, our own players may feel the need to step it up.

We are not punching above our weight when we have been doing it for years. P****s me off now when Liverpool are talked about as challenges and no one mentions Everton. We have been better than them now for a few years.....FOFF!

WE"RE EVERTON AREN"T WE!

265574d1299907796-update-japan-earthquake-sniffing-glue2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.