Kevin Doyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still laughing at 9m Euro for Kevin Doyle.

4m Euro tops is what he is worth, and not a cent more.

Anyway, like others have mentioned, if we do have that sort of money I would prefer (as he'd be a bench-warmer anyway) to get Owen in and use the cash on two other players.

What is for sure is that David Moyes would never, ever spend anything like 9m on Kevin Doyle. <hopes>

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2002–2003 St Patrick's Athletic 10 (0)
2003–2005 Cork City 76 (25)
2005–2009 Reading 155 (55)
2009– Wolverhampton Wanderers 96 (19)

He is 29 next month, he has seriously gone off the boil with Wolves (ok he is in a poor team) - there is no way he is worth anything approaching £9m.

£2-3m tops and he would be a usefull additi0n to the squad.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2002–2003 St Patrick's Athletic 10 (0)
2003–2005 Cork City 76 (25)
2005–2009 Reading 155 (55)
2009– Wolverhampton Wanderers 96 (19)

He is 29 next month, he has seriously gone off the boil with Wolves (ok he is in a poor team) - there is no way he is worth anything approaching £9m.

£2-3m tops and he would be a usefull additi0n to the squad.

I wonder why cork city bought him?

haha! That amuses me too. 'DOYLE' became catch-phrase of the summer for me and a mate after spending way too many hours playing the FIFA Euro 2012 game. We lead very exciting lives...
DOYLE

Funny that. My son and I will randomly burst out mimicing the announcer with DOYLE for the next few days after having him in one of our fifa matches.

Doyle is a typical Moyes striker, pops uo with the odd goal now and again but works hard and can play out wide.

I dont want him and tbh i dont rate him that much. I rate Shane Long higher than him

Doyle is a typical Moyes striker, pops uo with the odd goal now and again but works hard and can play out wide.

I dont want him and tbh i dont rate him that much. I rate Shane Long higher than him

I know this is a common opinion, but I don't think it's necessarily true. If you consider the forwards Moyes has brought in -

Kevin Mirallas
Steven Naismith
Nikica Jelavic
Landon Donovan
Denis Stracqualursi
Apostolos Vellios
Jermaine Beckford
Jo
Louis Saha
Ayegbeni Yakubu
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Andrew Johnson
Scott Spencer
James Beattie
Marcus Bent
Francis Jeffers
Brian McBride

- how many of them really fit that description? Plus, for the past few years, if we had a fully fit squad we would have either Saha or Yakubu as a lone striker, neither of whom could be accused of working particularly hard. I don't think Doyle is a 'Moyes type' at all, and would be pretty much astonished if we bought him.

I know this is a common opinion, but I don't think it's necessarily true. If you consider the forwards Moyes has brought in -

Kevin Mirallas
Steven Naismith
Nikica Jelavic
Landon Donovan
Denis Stracqualursi
Apostolos Vellios
Jermaine Beckford
Jo
Louis Saha
Ayegbeni Yakubu
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Andrew Johnson
Scott Spencer
James Beattie
Marcus Bent
Francis Jeffers
Brian McBride

- how many of them really fit that description? Plus, for the past few years, if we had a fully fit squad we would have either Saha or Yakubu as a lone striker, neither of whom could be accused of working particularly hard. I don't think Doyle is a 'Moyes type' at all, and would be pretty much astonished if we bought him.

That's a great point that I never really realised. Think there may be a distinction between a Moyes type striker and a Moyes type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.