Just Watched Ted Lasso Everton episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this about and who's ted lasso

Premise[edit]​

American Ted Lasso, a coach of college-level American football, is unexpectedly recruited to coach an English Premier League team, AFC Richmond, despite having no experience in association football.

The series has drawn comparisons to the takeover of Chester City F.C. by American gridiron coach Terry Smith in 1999, who subsequently installed himself as first-team manager.[7]

Series that came out, fictional show based on above, but they name drop teams and current managers of Premier league, about mid way through they play Everton at Goodison and they all down before the game because they havnt beaten Everton in like 60 years or something. but they win the game.

Just thought it was funny that we lost in a fictitious world

Premise[edit]​

American Ted Lasso, a coach of college-level American football, is unexpectedly recruited to coach an English Premier League team, AFC Richmond, despite having no experience in association football.

The series has drawn comparisons to the takeover of Chester City F.C. by American gridiron coach Terry Smith in 1999, who subsequently installed himself as first-team manager.[7]

Series that came out, fictional show based on above, but they name drop teams and current managers of Premier league, about mid way through they play Everton at Goodison and they all down before the game because they havnt beaten Everton in like 60 years or something. but they win the game.

I'll have a look for that, it is very Everton that though lol

Ah it's a brilliant show lads, told my very intelligent but very sarcastic football mate to give it a watch... Get on it lads, it's class! ;)

Premise[edit]​

Rafael out!!!

I'll be honest...... That looks awful.

Saying that, perhaps knowing the characters involved by watching from the start may improve it.

That looks absolute garbage tbf

its a lot better than it looks at first glance. The football part of it is a bit irrelevant. And the style of it makes it look a bit rubbish but that’s kinda the point.
I thought it was great. Light hearted, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and funny.
One of those things where, once you’ve watched it all, you want to watch more but can’t quite find anything else with the right tone.

its a lot better than it looks at first glance. The football part of it is a bit irrelevant. And the style of it makes it look a bit rubbish but that’s kinda the point.
I thought it was great. Light hearted, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and funny.
One of those things where, once you’ve watched it all, you want to watch more but can’t quite find anything else with the right tone.
Alright nothing to do tomorrow I'll give it a go

They film this just down the road from me which initially peaked me interest but I watched some of the first season and it was an absolute cheese festival. I’m sure it’s tolerable if you are being forced to watch something nice and bland with the family but very hard to stomach otherwise imo.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.