Just Watched Ted Lasso Everton episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to sound a miserable git but isn't the whole concept a bit naff? Playing off old stereotypes that Americans are all clueless when it comes to European football, someone has honestly made an entire TV show where that's the main joke? Just sounds really puerile.

Bob Bradley, granted he wasn't very good, but some of the stick he got during his spell managing Swansea just because of his terminology was bang out of order. Nothing but pure xenophobia.

Don't mean to sound a miserable git but isn't the whole concept a bit naff? Playing off old stereotypes that Americans are all clueless when it comes to European football, someone has honestly made an entire TV show where that's the main joke? Just sounds really puerile.

Bob Bradley, granted he wasn't very good, but some of the stick he got during his spell managing Swansea just because of his terminology was bang out of order. Nothing but pure xenophobia.

That’s what I thought until I watched it. Very good show and hard not to love if you give it a chance, a bit like the main character himself.

Second season is out soon and early reception has been stellar

its a lot better than it looks at first glance. The football part of it is a bit irrelevant. And the style of it makes it look a bit rubbish but that’s kinda the point.
I thought it was great. Light hearted, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and funny.
One of those things where, once you’ve watched it all, you want to watch more but can’t quite find anything else with the right tone.
It's not really a show about football even though he's a football manager in the show. Everyone enjoys it best I can tell. Can't wait for season 2 Friday.

Well to start it's an American show and secondly it's really not this serious.

Premise[edit]​

American Ted Lasso, a coach of college-level American football, is unexpectedly recruited to coach an English Premier League team, AFC Richmond, despite having no experience in association football.

The series has drawn comparisons to the takeover of Chester City F.C. by American gridiron coach Terry Smith in 1999, who subsequently installed himself as first-team manager.[7]

Series that came out, fictional show based on above, but they name drop teams and current managers of Premier league, about mid way through they play Everton at Goodison and they all down before the game because they havnt beaten Everton in like 60 years or something. but they win the game.

Just thought it was funny that we lost in a fictitious world
like when fulham beat us for the first time ever in the league last season.

A bit of background on this,
NBC created the Lasso character to promote their newly acquired coverage of the PL back about 8 years ago.
Originally it was just ads, He was Spurs' manager.
Very funny self deprecating humor back then, glad apple TV ran with it.
Here's an ad with Tim Howard from about 7 years ago.

It’s a really good to show, and I am looking forward to season 2 this week. However when the episode when they played us they were away from home and when at our ground everything was red lol huge mistake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.