judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
4/10. Didn’t replace the player who dragged us out of the muck last year. Big gamble.

Maupay has a similar profile. Niggly as [Poor language removed] and can play CF or wide left so hopefully it dosen't take him too long to get off the mark, 8 prem goals last season so similar to what Richi was producing.

Big gamble not to get a CF to understudy DCL.

Stronger in defence and midfield but weaker in attack which was an absolute priority after last season and then selling Richy. Needed at least one more striker but left it too late again and predictably failed. Would have been about an 8 out of 10 but is 6 for me now as scoring goals is potentially going to be a big problem unless Maupay has a blinder and DCL comes back and stays fit and injury free.

I'll give the window a 7.5/10
Wanted another striker and a couple more out (Keane, Rondon, Allan, Keane & Keane)
We may not have replaced Richy but we will concede a lot less imo
11 games to the World cup and the next window and maybe then we can get a striker if Dom is still having issues

Going to be interesting to see his body language in his pre - match press conference ahead of the RS game Dave. I hope he has a face like a smacked arse to show he wasn't happy with the outcome of the window, doubt it like and I imagine he'll be lauding the board.
I really hope not, I hope he stays as positive and motivated as he has sounded of late

Stronger in defence and midfield but weaker in attack which was an absolute priority after last season and then selling Richy. Needed at least one more striker but left it too late again and predictably failed. Would have been about an 8 out of 10 but is 6 for me now as scoring goals is potentially going to be a big problem unless Maupay has a blinder and Dominic Calvert-Lewin comes back and stays fit and injury free.
Excellent summary of our window.!

Reactions: Lob

6/10
Defence is better, midfield is better, attack is weaker.
We still haven’t replaced Lukaku.
However many transfer windows later we have still not bought a striker worthy of the name.
tbf signing him in the first place was a bit of a coup, which is why we made such a healthy profit on him. Not easy to replace

Someone like Gallagher would've been a brilliant pick up given he scored 9-10 for Palace last season from midfield so yes until you have that type of midfielder in a blue shirt it's simply a massive gamble to have it as the strategy.

I'd say at least with all these midfield signings it gives the opportunity to play Iwobi more advanced so perhaps he can step up again now he's playing with more confidence and chip in with 5-10 goals.
We've seen Iwobi in attack and it's not a pretty sight.

5/10 window for me unfortunately. The signings that we have made look solid but were made way too late. Happy with some of the outgoings but still don't feel we've strengthened adequately in attack.

Getting another attacker or getting the signings we did make in a few weeks earlier would have bumped it up to a 7 but as it stands we've made our season unnecessarily harder

Pretty disappointed myself. Some decent signings in there, onana has high potential but I’m genuinely worried. Goals and creating chances are are going to be difficult with this team.

Lost richarlison and haven't replaced him. That can't be ignored.

Of course not. But given our financial situation what was it supposed to be? Sell Richy and replace him with another £30-40mill player and NOT be able to bring in the other 7 players? Or spread the cost out.

It's not ideal but I would understand that some part of the team would suffer if we concentrated on one part of it. This case it's our forward line.

Although I do think we should've got another loan in.

The truth of the matter is we needed an 8/10 window minumum.

We are a team that narrowly avoided relegation and needed to have a very good window to avooid being relegation candidates again.

We got nowhere near that and so we remain at the very least one of the favourites to go down.

Could have lost Gordon: Didn't!
Have a first alternative up front doing the yards: Maupay!
Locked down midfield and we're gonna have a lot more of the ball: Awesome!
Reckon we've probably dipped into the Kean cash but that's ok, it's a near different side to 3 months ago.
I hope Lampard isn't geeing us up to duke it out a la a mourinho side, all grit and gristle some tricks on the wing then to the solo main man up top...

it aint the Kancho derby but it'd be nice if it was as good as...

Opening five games without improving the attack = no wins, 3 points and 4 goals.

We're still in that position for the rest of this season.

Do the maths - we are in major trouble here.

PYT.gif

we all wanted a decent striker signing but they aren't easy to come by, and attract to us at the moment. What we did do was make ourselves more solid and more difficult to beat/score against. Don't forget we got Champs League position with a solid defence and a series of close 1-0 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.